Thirty

"Be careful Grace, you know that Sirius Black has escaped." Ben told his daughter as she got ready to board Hogwarts express.

"I'll be fine, besides Hogwarts is safe."

"I love you."

"Love you too." Grace gave her dad a hug and ran off.

Ben stood there watching his daughter run off. Not only wondering how Sirius Black would ever end up in Azkaban, but how Florence Anderson was taking this news.

As Grace walked to find a compartment, all she heard was the talk of Sirius Black.  Sirius Black this, Sirius black that. Yet, at the same time a small amount of fear sparked inside her.

Someone grabbed Grace's wrist and pulled her into a compartment. She made a small squealing sound as they pulled her. The compartment door closed behind her and she felt her face resting on someone's chest. She looked up into his ocean blue eyes.

"Lewis." She breathed, a smile on her face.

"Hello, Grace." Grace smiled and sat down, Lewis sat across from her.

"How was your summer?" Grace asked him.

"Decent, how was yours."

"Pretty good."

"Sixteen, you're older than me!"

"I'll be able to use magic before you."

"Doesn't mean you'll be better."

"You're right, I'll be a hundred times better!" Lewis and Grace broke out into laughter.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night Kellner." The compartment door opened and someone ran in.

"Grace, Grace, Grace!" The boy sat down next to Grace.

"Oh, hello William." Grave greeted.

"Did you hear the news?" He asked.

"The news?"

"Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban!"

"Oh, yes, I did hear that."

"What if he comes to Hogwarts!" Grace put her hands on the little boys shoulders.

"William, Hogwarts is completely safe, you'll be fine."

"I sure hope so," William began to leave, "I don't need no serial killer messing up my schedule."

"Optimistic, isn't he?" Lewis asked Grace.

"Extremely, but he's a good kid."

"Harley says he's like your little pet."

"Harley?" Grace asked with a scowl.

"Harley Davenson I believe."

"She's says William is my pet?"

"Yeah, she says he follows you around like a lost puppy." Lewis chuckled.

"You think it's funny?"

"Well, sort of."

"That girl is complete foul! She teases me about my dead mother!" Grace stood up and faced her boyfriend, who didn't know what to say.

Lewis opened his mouth, but closed it when no words came out.

"The fact that you like such a horrible human being disgusts me!" Lewis jumped up and grabbed Grace's hands.

"Grace, please, I didn't know. I thought she meant it as a joke!"

"A joke? That isn't even funny as a joke!"

"Grace, I truly am sorry." Grace opened the compartment door, then turned back to Lewis.

"I don't care how sorry you are, now is not the time! Come apologize when I'm ready to listen." Grace closed the compartment door and walked off.

• • •

"Well, don't you look cheerful." Reese mentioned at the sorting that evening. Grace glared at her. "Grace, what happened?" Reese asked her, worried something happened between her and Lewis.

"I was sitting in a compartment with Lewis when Will came in talking about how he wouldn't tolerate Sirius Black if he got in the school. When he left, Lewis said Harley always mentioned William was like a lost puppy always following me around. I know he didn't know my history with that girl, but it's not funny."

"Well, he looks sorry."

"What?" Grace turned out and locked eyes with Lewis, he gave her a sad smile. Grace didn't return the smile, instead she turned back around and faced Reese.

"Slytherins." She commented to Reese.

"Grace, he's a great guy and he really enjoys you being his girlfriend. Don't let one mistake ruin everything. He didn't know better with Harley. I'm sure if he knew how you two don't get along, he would've defended you."

"I'll talk to him tomorrow, maybe."

A/N
I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. I'm been extremely busy with a project I have for school.