Eighty-Six

Florence ran into the room and immediately collapsed to her knees. She hyperventilated as she tried to control her breathing, but she was crying too much. The woman wished she could just go back to when she was at Hogwarts. To when her life was easier. Now, she was reaching her limits for the second time. It was something she didn't want to witness again. It was something no one wanted to witness again.

Hearing the noise, Sirius came down the stairs. He cried her name when he saw his wife in a heap on the floor, sobbing. He leaned next to her and held her in his arms.

"Flo, what happened?" He asked.

"S-she w-w-was right there!" Florence screamed.

"Who?"

"Naomi." A chill went down Sirius' spine. He held the woman tighter. "I-I tried to g-grab her, b-but I..." Another sob escaped her lips.

"It's okay, Flo, it's okay," he reassured. Florence buried her head in his jumper to muffle her cries.

"She was right there," Florence whispered.

"I think," Sirius began, "you need to go get your mothers help with this." Florence's eyes widened.

"My mam?" Florence asked, but she knew he was right. Allison could help Florence through anything. It was time to visit the woman and ask for her help.

• • •

"We don't have time now, we'll have to do it over summer." The voice rang on Grace's ears.

"What if we don't have till summer?" Grace muttered.

"You okay?" Fred asked, walking up next to her. The two were getting ready to board the train back to Hogwarts.

"I'm just....thinking."

"What about?"

"The spell. My spell. They said wait till summer to give it to everyone. What if we don't have till summer?" Fred grabbed her hand.

"We will, Grace."

"I assume you'll make yours with George?"

"What?" Grace chuckled.

"Don't think you two aren't getting it! Reese and I have had plans since last year to have it done with each other. Ashton will probably go with Wyatt. I assume Julia with William, but maybe I'm wrong."

"Woah, slow down there. Who says I need the lifeline? I'm pretty tough," he gloated. Grace raised her eyebrows.

"Fred Weasley, you dare argue with me? You're getting that lifeline! I don't care if your were immortal! You'd get it," she demanded. "Now come on, we have to get back to Hogwarts. I don't want to be late."

When the two boarded the train, Fred still gripped Grace's hand. Students walked around, talking about their Christmas with friends. The two made their way through the crowd of students.

"Grace!" A voice called. Grace smiled as the girl ran towards her.

"I'll see you later," Fred informed. He squeezed her hand before walking off.

"Reese!" Grace cried.

"Come, Ashton and Aspen are waiting for us!" Reese cried. She grabbed Grace's wrist and pulled her along.

"It's been a year, hasn't it?" Grace asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Lee." Reese was quiet for a moment.

"It has, but there's something else we need to talk about!"

"Which is?"

"Let Aspen tell," Reese said as she opened the compartment door. Reese and Grace sat across from Aspen and Ashton.

"Well, what's going on?" Grace asked. Before Aspen could speak, Reese blurted something out.

"Cedric and Aspen are friends with benefits!" Reese shouted.

"Keep your voice down! Also, you need to learn what the definition of friends with benefits is!" Aspen fired.

"Fine, than what are you?" Reese asked, crossing her arms.

"Is this about how Aspen and Cedric kissed, because I already know that," Grace claimed. Reese looked at Grace, then at Aspen.

"So Ashton and Grace have known, but I'm just learning of this? Completely unfair," Reese mumbled.

"It doesn't even matter! We haven't talked since the last D.A. meeting." Aspen informed them. Grace raised a brow.

"And why not?" She asked. Aspen shrugged.

"I don't know!" She cried. Ashton gave a suggestion.

"Probably because Cedric realizes he actually does fancy Aspen and doesn't know how to ask her out," he stated. Reese groaned and shook her head.

"How about you ask him out?" Reese told Aspen.

"This conversation is over," Aspen stated. She stood up and began to leave.

"Where are you going?" Reese asked.

"I don't know!" Aspen called. The door closed and left the other three. Grace took out five sickles form her pocket and proclaimed,

"Five sickles they're already dating."