Sixty-Eight

Just before the meeting for the Order started Grace suggested a brilliant idea to Fred and George.

"Your spell?" George questioned.

"We'll have about twenty minutes to get as much information as we can then get out of there." Grace said.

"Let's go then." Fred hummed.

The meeting was late to start which led the three with a short time before the spell wore off. When the meeting started the three were invisible to the adults in the room. They knew the meeting was important as Dumbledore showed up. The only one missing was Mad-Eye Moody. Only a few minutes into the meeting did Grace regret everything.

"Do they have any lead on Emily?" Molly asked. Dumbledore shook his head.

"They're exactly where they started. Some believe Emily may have perished. We do know she got away from Death Eaters, she just hasn't been seen.

Grace felt her blood stop as her heart dropped to her toes. Dead? Emily wasn't ill, she was taken. Grace turned to stone as she stared at the adults, blank faced.

"We still need to look." Remus demanded.

"And we will, Ben is going out to search for more evidence of where she is." Florence told him.

The door opened and Moody walked in.

"They have another lead on Emily, but first someone should remove those three from the room." He said, his magical eye looking right at the three teens.

"Run!" George cried. Fred and George bolted out of the room, but Grace didn't move.

"I mean you too Grace." As if on cue the spell trickled away. The adults stared uncomfortably at one another. Grace stood there, staring ahead. The storm of ideas that always appeared in her eyes seemed to stop.

Molly pulled up another chair for Grace. Grace automatically sat down, but it was minutes before she spoke.

"Why wasn't I told?" Grace blankly stated.

"Emily didn't want you to know." Florence told Grace. Grace scoffed.

"She knew she would be taken by Death Eaters? I assume she knew and just said 'let it happen, but just don't tell Grace,' really think I believe that?" Sirius was the next to speak.

"A letter was found. A complex letter we aren't sure how to explain, but you weren't supposed to know."

"THEN SHOW ME THE LETTER!" Grace slammed her hand down on the table and stood up.

"Grace, we don't have it." Bill told her. Grace had met Bill once. She had never had a long conversation with him, but she was furious.

"WHY NOT? YOU CANNOT TELL ME YOU—"

"SIT DOWN!" Florence shouted over Grace's voice. Grace stared at Florence for a moment, but she didn't sit down.

"I don't want to hear anymore. The fact I've been lied to is enough." Grace murmured. She then walked out of the room.

Grace ignored Fred and George hammering her with questions. When she got to the room it was empty. She locked the door, took the necklace out of her pocket and chucked it across the room. Grace let out a strangled cry and collapsed to the floor, her wand laying next to her left hand. Only a few nights before she was crying to Fred about how her aunt was sick and dying. When the truth was it was all a lie.

After awhile Grace stopped crying. She just lay on the ground and stared at the wall. She heard the door unlock and open.

"I understand this is hard for you to hear Miss Kellner." It was Dumbledore. Grace made no effort to look at him or speak.

"When you are ready to hear what has happened a member of the Order will explain it to you. Until then let me suggest something. With Voldemort rising again this mean they're may be war. If one day you are willing to show your spells to the Order they could be a big help. Do you think you'll consider it?"

Dumbledore being the patient man he was stood there for minutes on end as Grace lay on the floor.

"Just think about it Miss Kellner." Dumbledore began to leave when Grace spoke.

"Only if Snape isn't there." Grace uttered. She still didn't look at Dumbledore.

"Do you not trust the man?" He asked.

"Not enough."

"Very well, I'll see you soon Miss Kellner." The door closed and Dumbledore's footsteps faded away. Grace grabbed her wand that hovered near her hand and locked the door. Everyone seemed to respect her privacy and didn't try to unlock it.

Grace stayed put on the floor until the next morning.