Nine

Grace walked into the hospital wing as Madam Pomfrey kicked Harry's friends and the rest of the Gryffindor team out.

"Madam Pomfrey, can I just have a few minutes?" Grace asked once everyone was gone. The woman looked like she was going to object, but she didn't.

"Fine, but only a few minutes then you must leave! He has bones to regrow!" Then she walked into her office, leaving Grace and Harry alone.

Grace walked over and set some sweets by Harry's bed. There was an awkward silence between the two before Grace spoke.

"You did great out there, Harry. Especially with dodging that Bludger."

"That didn't do me too well." Harry said, looking at his limp arm.

"Ah, yes. You're in for quite an interesting night."

"Great."

"You know, I should thank you."

"Thank me?"

"You catching the snitch has left Reese in a very good mood. She isn't very fond of Malfoy."

"I don't think anyone is." Grace smiled at him.

"Actually, I know one person who really likes him."

"Who?"

"Himself." The two joined in a laugh.

"Fred and George have told me about Reese. They said she's very enthusiastic about things."

"Really? They said that?"

"Is it not true?"

"No, it is! I just didn't think they could even say the word enthusiastic." Once again, they both broke out in laughter.

"Hey, where's that diary of yours?"

"Actually its a journal, and I left it in my room."

"Kind of strange to see you without it."

"It is, isn't it?" Madam Pomfrey walked out of her office and looked at Grace. She didn't have to say anything, because Grace knew it was her time to leave.

"Well, Harry, I better get going. I hope the arm isn't to much of a bother."

"Bye, Grace."

"Goodbye, Harry." Grace smiled at the boy before walking out of the hospital wing.

• • •

"Didn't you hear? Colin Creevey was petrified too!" A passing student whispered to her friend.

Grace turned towards Reese, who was gripping the straps of her bag tightly.

"You'll be fine." Grace reassured.

"No one is fine anymore, Grace! Who knows who could be attacked next."

"Reese—if something went to petrify you—you'd probably kick its butt."

"Or throw an ink filled ballon at it." Added Aspen.

"That wasn't me." Reese replied quickly.

"Right, well I have to go finish packing. See you guys later!" Aspen said, walking towards the Hufflepuff common room.

"We should finish packing as well, we don't want a repeat of last year." Remarked Grace.

"I didn't mean to sleep in!"

"Yes, but if you packed your stuff then slept in, you wouldn't have almost missed the train."

"Yeah, yeah."

A week later, Reese, Aspen, Ashton, and Grace boarded the train to head home for the holidays.

"Can't believe we're half way done with our fourth year." Grace remarked.

"I can." Reese said as she sat down.

"Me too." Added Ashton.

"Me three." Aspen noted, sitting next to Reese. Grace sat down next to Ashton.

"Yes, half way through the year and Aspen still hasn't been able to tell Cedric her feelings." Teased Grace.

"Oh, she got you there!" Reese cried. Aspen smiled.

"Yeah, well, at least I fancy someone."

"What," Grace questioned, "Aspen, that makes no sense."

"Guess we can see how she's not in Ravenclaw." Ashton huffed.

Once they arrived at the platform, the four friends said their goodbyes and headed towards their families.

"Grace!" Someone called out. Grace looked to see her Aunt Emily waving. Grace didn't think she'd recognize the woman if she didn't call out her name.

Emily was five years older than Grace's mother, Anna. When Grace last saw Emily it was when she was eight. Since then, stress seemed to age the woman faster.

Her once young looking face was lined with forming wrinkled. She had dark circles under her eyes, and her once dark brown hair was becoming grey. Yet she still had a bright smile.

Emily always said her and Anna were never recognized as sisters. Emily had dark brown hair and bright eyes while Anna had the honey colored hair and grey eyes. Yet, they always acted like sisters.

"Hello, Emily." Grace greeted while giving her aunt a hug.

"It's so great to see you! How's the school year going?"

"It's going quite well, besides a few things."

"Like?"

"Well, a cat and a student have been petrified. And apparently the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Whatever that is."

"Oh, my."

"Do you know about the Chamber of Secrets?"

"Yes, but I shouldn't tell you. Now, you're father will be home for dinner. We should get going so we can catch up then cook dinner."

"Well, alright."