Sixty

"This is exactly how I wanted go spend my day! Staring at a lake." Reese huffed.

"Oh come on Reese! Looking at a lake is the highlight of this competition!" George cried, but the twins weren't even watching the lake. They were just selling their products.

"You're right! This is way more entertaining then dragons." Reese cried.

"It's basically the same. We can't see anything now land couldn't then either." Grace told Reese.

"Anyone fancy a swim?" Ashton teased.

"Can you lot shut up!" Aspen yelled. Everyone around them went silent. Julia walked up and whispered something to Aspen.

"Right, right." Aspen mumbled. She then turned to everyone else. "I'm sorry for my outburst." She said flatly. Reese scoffed.

"I'm sure you are."

"It's been ten minutes and I'm already bored!" Leslie cried.

"Leslie our friend is competing." Julia snapped.

"Leslie our friend is competing." Leslie mocked.  Grace sighed and stared at the still water. The girl may have had plenty of patience, but she couldn't hide that the task was boring.

Grace fiddled with her necklace when Reese sat next to her. Reese pressed her lips together for a moment. She then opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again.

"Are you going to talk or just sit there?" Grace asked. Reese scowled before whispering something to Grace.

"So, you and Fred?" Reese whispered. Grace raised an eyebrow and turned her head.

"What about us?" Reese sighed.

"What's the deal with you two? You had a wonderful evening at the Yule Ball and now you're going back to being just friends."

"Because we're just friends." Grace confirmed. Reese pursed her lips and nodded.

"Alrighty then." A few moments later Julia sat next to Grace as Reese had began a conversation with Lee Jordan.

"You alright?" Julia asked.

"I am, you?"

"Great."

"Good."

"Hey, Grace, I notice you always where that necklace. It's beautiful."

"Oh, thank you Julia. It was my mums."

"Is she...."

"Gone? Yeah, as of January 18 it was ten years ago."

"I'm so sorry Grace. I wouldn't have said anything if—"

"Don't apologize! It's fine, really. I'm fine! Of course it was hard when I realized ten years. Feels longer."

Julia opened her mouth go say something when a rise of shouts appeared. Julia and Grace jumped up to look at what was happening.

"It's Fleur!" Lee cried.

"Oh, she looks hurt." Reese mumbled. Indeed the girl was hurt. Fleur confessed to being attacked by Grindylows.

"And then there were three." Fred acknowledged. Grace nodded.

"And then there were three." She confirmed.

• • •

"There's two minutes before the hour is up!" Aspen cried. Grace put a hand on Aspen's arm.

"He'll be back any second." Grace reassured.

"Notice how Cho wasn't here? Guess we know who the hostage is." Aspen mumbled.

Only moments later shouts emerged as Cedric had appeared with Cho. Aspen stared at Cho, who was shivering.

"I'll be back." Aspen said.

"Where are you going?" Grace asked, but Aspen didn't reply.

Grace saw Aspen approach Cedric and Cho. A warm smile was placed on Aspens face as she offered Cho her jumper.

"At least she didn't hex her." Reese hummed as she stood next to Grace.

"That's...true." Grace remarked.

The next to surface was Krum with Hermione.

"He must really pathetic if his hostage was someone he just met." Leslie mumbled.

"Exactly what I thought." Reese responded. Ashton, Julia, and Grace stared at the two with blank faces. Eventually they turned their attention back the lake.

"Then there was one." George said.

"Then there was one." Julia repeated.

Eventually Harry emerged with Ron, and Fleur's little sister.

"He got both of them!" Ashton cried.

"Show off." Reese mumbled. Grace elbowed Reese in the arm.

"Ow! I was just kidding."

"Mhm, sure."

For waiting and saving two hostages Harry was awarded extra points. This left both Hogwarts Champions in first. After the task Grace caught up with Aspen.

"That was really nice." Grace said. Aspen just shrugged.

"I can't spend my time hating her. I have enough to do all ready." Grace laughed.

"Yes because you're too busy complaining how Cedric doesn't fancy you."

"Oh shut it, Grace! Besides, I don't think Cho has a lifeline to Cedric now does she?"