Ninety-Five

Grace was in awe, but she was also terrified. She couldn't stop looking at everything below them, but she was scared of falling. She couldn't decide whether she loved this or hated it. When her thestral took a quick dive down she decided quickly. She hated it.

Everyone seemed to be relieved to touch the ground. Grace stumbled when she landed, but regained her balance. They followed Harry into a telephone box, which was too small for all of them.

"Welcome to the Ministry Of Magic, please state your name and business," a calm voice stated. Grace had entered the Ministry this way before, but never with so many people. Hermione handed Grace a badge with her name.

Grace Kellner
Rescue Mission

"Must we really put these on?" Grace asked. Before anyone could answer, the lady spoke again. An aggravated Harry yelled back. The ride down seemed to last years as Grace could tell how nervous everyone was. The Atrium was empty.

"Everyone be careful," Grace stated, "don't split up and keep your wand out." Grace began walking, wand in hand.

When they reached a plain black door, Harry suggested a few people staying back. Ginny quickly hit back with logic that he couldn't argue with.

"Nice try Harry, but if you haven't shook us off yet, you aren't going too!" Grace exclaimed.

The door swung open, letting the group inside. As Grace looked around the room she wondered why anyone would want to work in this department. The moment Neville shut the door, the room slid into darkness. The only light was coming from the blue flames. No one said anything. Without warning, the circular wall began to rotate. Grace's eyes widened as she gripped her wand tighter. Her eyes glancing around the room as thoughts swirled in her mind. Finally, an idea hit her.

Grace raised her wand, but before she could shout her spell the wall stopped moving. Her storm of ideas ceased and she lowered her wand. A weight settled on Grace's shoulders when Ginny announced what the spinning was for. They had no idea what door they had just come through.

• • •

Grace bent down to look at the pearly white objects that drifted in the liquid. Her eyebrows knitted together as she tried to figure out what they were.

"Maybe they're growing a new species...of something?" She guessed.

"They're brains," Hermione proclaimed.

"Are you joking?" Grace asking, backing away from the tank. "Why is the Ministry hiding brains?"

"I'm wondering the same thing." Ginny said as she appeared at Grace's side.

The group went back into the circular room to try another door. Grace still confused and a little creeped out of why the Ministry was keeping brains. Hermione, being the smart witch she was, made sure to place an X on the door they just came from.

"Genius!" Grace told her. Hermione smiled at the older girl.

The next room was much larger than the last room. This one also had no brains. It had something that seemed much stranger. Grace couldn't tear her eyes away from what seemed to be an archway with a tattered veil. The veil looked as if someone had just ran through it. It fluttered and swayed. It gave Grace a strange feeling in her gut. The more Grace looked at it, the more scared she was. Grace followed Harry closer to the veil. Whispering cluttered Grace's mind.

"Can anyone else hear it?" Harry asked.

"I can," Grace said. She was so quiet she was practically whispering herself.