Chapter 39

*Jack’s POV*
“What are you going to do pretty boy." she said while walking around the pool.

"I don't know, but I'll think of something." I said.

"Whatever take all the time you need. I’ll just go over there." she pointed towards the chairs.

I have to think. What could it be?

AHA, got it. I remember that she said that she was scared of spiders. She told me like last week. I got out of the pool and told her I’ll be right back.

Oh, did you know there was a store here? Well, there is. I went there and grabbed a spider. It looked so real.

I got back and saw Sofia sleeping. Wow, she loves to sleep a lot. I put the spider on her stomach, but before I did that I saw something it was a name. I got close and I realize Sofia had written a word on her stomach. Well, not just one word, but like five words.

I got close enough to actually read it. It said fat, ugly, stupid, useless, and worthless.
Why would she think about herself like that? She isn't fat, ugly, stupid, useless, or worthless. She is beautiful, smart, and she is so not worthless. I saw more cuts. I haven't realized that there were some scars on her stomach.

You could only see it when you’re really close to her I guess. I have to talk to her about this, but not now, I have to prank her first.

I gently put the spider on her stomach and shook her around screaming.

"SPIDER, SPIDER, THERE IS A SPIDER ON YOUR STOMACH!!!" I yelled.

Sofia woke up and screamed she ran towards the pool and jumped in. I was laughing so hard that I fell to the floor. This was so funny.

I looked at Sofia and she was mad. Ooops.

"DON’T EVER DO THAT AGAIN, JACK! YOU KNOW I HATE SPIDERS!!" She yelled.

"It’s called pay back and I got you. Wahahaha, no one will beat the king of pranks." I said.

"Whatever. Now, help me. I  want to get out." She said while sticking her hand out.

I went to grab her hand. Once I got a hold of it, I felt her yank my arm. I fell into the water. I pulled her down with me. I opened my eyes to see her getting really close to me. Once she got near me, I grabbed her hips and kissed her on the lips. Kissing under water does feel nice.

We went back up to catch some air. We were practically drowning down there. I turned to Sofia and gave her a serious look. I know we were having a moment, but I need to know why she wrote those horrible words on her stomach.

"Sofia, we need to talk." I said.

Her face went pale and you could see fear in her eyes. She doesn't need to be scared because I won’t do anything.

"Wh-what is it?" She asked.

"When I was putting the fake spider on your stomach, I saw the scars and words. Why did you write that?"

"You wouldn’t understand." she said while looking away.

" I might not understand, but I need to know why you did this. I  wouldn't let it go because I care about you and I want to protect you, so please tell me." I said, sounding desperate.

She sighed and looked at me.

"It all started in 6th grade. People were calling me ugly. At first, I didn't mind. It was only like three people calling me that, but then more and more people started calling me ugly and fat. I was hurt. I tried changing the way I looked, but nothing seemed to work. People started bullying me for the way I looked and honestly, I started to believe them. I thought I was actually ugly and every time I looked in the mirror, I would always say ugly, hideous bitch. One day I was day dreaming, the teacher kept calling my name. I wasn't paying attention to her. She asked me questions and I would get them wrong. I was in la-la land that day. At the end of class, people called me stupid. After that day, I would cry myself to sleep. It was finally summer and I thought I would get better. I thought I was actually going to be happy, but then that’s when my family came in. I still love them no matter what, but they say things to me and it hurts my feelings. I couldn't take it anymore, so that’s when I  started cutting. It was in August and I started with my thighs, my ankles, then my stomach and finally my arms. I said that I would never cut myself, but I guess that I was wrong. I got back to school and I wasn't happy that people still called me named and that’s when I wrote those words on my stomach and thighs. On my thighs, it says cow and fat. I would starve myself sometimes or force myself to throw up. I stopped that though because it’s bad for you. I promised myself that I wouldn't cut myself ever again. After my parents' death, I thought I was just hopeless that I will never be happy until I met One Direction and you. You guys make me happy. You all mean the world to me now." She said, looking down crying.

I grabbed her and hugged her so tight that she couldn’t breathe. I let go of her and I stared at her.

"I’m so sorry, Sofia, but the bad things that occurred are gone, right?" I said.

"Yeah," she smiled at me weakly.

"I-is this true?" we heard someone say.

I turned around and saw Louis crying while holding Eleanor in his arms. Practically hugging her because she was crying.

"Yes." said Sofia.

"Come here." Louis said.

Sofia ran towards the couple and she gave them a hug. He said something in her ear and that made Sofia smile a little. Sofia is such an amazing girl and those bullies are probably having a horrible life. Well, karma can get them. Karma could be nice, but sometimes she can be a bitch.

*Louis’s POV*
(Before he heard Sofia talking)

"Babe, want to go swimming? I’m bored." I said.

"Yeah, sure let me just get my swimsuit and I’ll be there in a second." She said.

She left out the room and came back moments later. Without looking at me, she went into the bathroom and changed.

I was already dressed up. Time passed and I was getting annoyed.

"BABE, HURRY UP!" I yelled

She takes forever to get ready. She finally came out and she looked stunning. Her bikini was red and white. I like that. She looks hot.

Stop it, Louis. You will embarrass yourself because of big Louis Jr.
(If you know what that means, you’re nasty. Lol, just kidding.)

"Let’s go." I grabbed her hand and walked outside.

We finally got to the pool. I heard some talking. I sneaked in and saw Sofia and Jack.

" When I was putting the fake spider on your stomach, I saw the scars and words. Why did you write that?" Jack said.

What? What is he talking about the scars and words? What?

"You wouldn’t understand," she said.

" I might not understand, but I need to know why you did this. I wouldn't let it go because I care about you and I want to protect you, so please tell me." Jack said.

Well, that was nice of him to say that, but what the hell is he talking about?!?

"What are they talking about?" I heard Eleanor say.

"I don’t know." I whispered.

I stayed quiet and I listened to what Sofia was saying.

I was in tears and so was Eleanor. I hugged her. I tried to calm her down and she did, but she was still in tears.

I was in shock to hear that she was bullied and she cut all over her body.

"I-is this true?" I finally spoke up.

They both turned around to look at me.

"Yes." Sofia said.

"Come here," I told her.

She ran towards me and El and hugged us.

"You are important to us. We love you so much, Sofia. Don’t ever forget that, ok." I said.

She smiled and nodded her head.

"Thank you. El, it’s ok, alright? I’m fine, stop crying because I hate seeing people cry." Sofia said.

"Ok, but Sofia, we really do care about you.” said El.

"I know." Sofia said.

*******
Why, hello there. Yeah, it’s almost midnight and there’s school tomorrow, but I was nice enough to update for you guys. If I messed up on grammar or anything, please let me know. :)

Love you xx

P.s

A lot of you have been asking how old Sofia is.

Ok, Sofia was 13 in the beginning, but then she turned 14 when she was at the hospital. It was her birthday and the boys and girls came, etc., yeah.

Jack is 15 and he is a year older than her.

I don’t know how to put a picture up to show you Sofia and Jack. Do you know?