S I X T E E N

*Not Edited*

*****

'Clarke?' Bellamy called as he and Brinley approached the bunker again.

'Bellamy? Brinley!' Clarke appeared, pulling Brinley into a tight hug. Brinley let go of Bellamy's hand, feeling safer with Clarke now joining them.

Bellamy cleared his throat. 'You all good to go?'

Clarke nodded. 'I bagged up what I could.'

The three of them distributed their new possessions between them equally as they began the walk back to camp.

'Hey Clarke?'

'Yeah?'

'Did you – uh, did you-'

Clarke smiled at Brinley. 'Yeah, It seemed so real.' Clarke frowned.

'Did you see your dad?'

Clarke nodded sadly. 'Yeah, yeah I did.'

'What do you think caused it?' Brinley asked, and Bellamy looked at Clarke curiously as they waited for her answer.

'Honestly? I think it was the nuts in the ration packs. All three of us had them and all three of us hallucinated.'

Brinley sighed. 'Well there goes half of our winter supply.'

'We'll figure something out, we always do.' Clarke smiled.

*****

Brinley made her way to the drop ship immediately after they arrived at camp as Bellamy and Clarke began making one of their speeches. She'd heard Miller screaming about the grounder being gone and she had a funny feeling about who was behind it.

'You guys are back?' Octavia yawned sleepily.

'Yeah, surprised you can't hear your brother and Clarke addressing everyone.' Brinley's voice was quiet, surprising Octavia.

'I was sleeping.' Octavia didn't look at Brinley.

Brinley nodded. 'You wouldn't happen to know how the grounder got out, would you?'

Octavia's jaw clenched. 'I don't know what you're talking about.'

Brinley sighed tiredly. 'Whatever you say Octavia.'

Octavia opened her mouth to apologise to Brinley again but as she looked at the girl she stopped and frowned. 'Whose jacket is that?'

Brinley's cheeks flushed and she hurriedly turned away from Octavia so her expression wouldn't give her away. 'What?'

Octavia stood up behind her. 'You heard me. Are you seeing someone?'

Brinley huffed out a short laugh. 'No, Octavia, I'm not.'

'Then whose jacket are you wearing? Seems like a pretty coupley thing to do, especially considering we don't exactly have the luxury of new clothes down here.' Octavia crossed her arms stubbornly an excited expression crossing her face.

'It doesn't matter okay? Where are Jasper and Monty?'

'Don't change the sub-'

'I'm not in the mood for this.' Brinley rolled her eyes.

Octavia deflated. 'They were by the tents.'

Brinley nodded, hesitating as she watched Octavia. 'Look, we'll talk tomorrow okay? No more secrets.'

Octavia glanced up hopefully, a smile lighting her pretty face. 'Okay, tomorrow then.'

Brinley left the drop ship, parting with Octavia at the exit, looking for Jasper and Monty only to be stopped by Clarke. 'Hey Brin, Jaha's waiting to talk to Bellamy, do you want to be there too?'