XI

A/N Thank you so much for the 100+ comments (That's a record!) and 80 votes on the last chapter! That's so crazy, thank you guys so much for interacting as you read! You have no idea how much it makes my day :) 

I have school tomorrow morning for the first time since I finished college two years ago, so leave me some comments to look forward to! 

*UNEDITED*

*****
'Strength is the key to courage.'
- Emmerson Grin, Stay Strong

*****

'You've got the bag?'

Bellamy looked to Monty who nodded his head quickly, a nervous tension on his face as they neared Miller's quarters. Bellamy had left the holding cell, following after Pike, hours ago but still the look on Brinley's face as she turned away from him was flashing across his eyelids every time he blinked. It wasn't even apprehension, or terror that filled her face, as she looked away from him, no; the expression on Brinley's face had been one of resignation and acceptance.

And somehow that was more terrifying than anything.

Bellamy knocked on the door in front of him, casting a wary glance down the hall as he did so. After a few seconds of silence, there was the sound of movement as the door slowly opened.

Miller put on a brave face as Bellamy came into view, though in reality a flash of fear went through him, what if he and Harper had been identified as part of Kane's group? Had Pike sent Bellamy to arrest them?

'What do you want?' There was no warmth in Miller's expression or tone.

Bellamy said nothing, gesturing for Miller to let him into the room. Bellamy heard Monty follow in behind him, quickly shutting the door. He didn't miss the way Harper's expression changed as they entered the room, her usually kind face filling with contempt and suspicion.

'What do you-'

'Shh.' Bellamy gestured for Miller to be quiet, pulling out a knife from his pocket. Miller reacted quickly, reaching for the gun strapped to his side. Bellamy held his hand out in what he hoped was an unthreatening gesture, moving towards Miller warily. As he got closer he made sure to reach in the direction of the panel where he knew the bug was placed, and nowhere else, sliding his knife into the material easily. When he had pried it open enough, he handed the knife to Miller who took it quickly, still looking distrustful.

Miller tossed the knife onto a nearby seat as Monty moved towards Bellamy, who pulled the bug out of Miller's jacket, swallowing back guilt as he did so. Miller's eyes went to the small piece of tech, an angry sigh leaving his lips as he realised what it was.

Harper scoffed, disbelief spread across her face.

Monty folded the bag over immediately. 'The bag blocks the signal. Now we can talk.'

'Who put it in there?' Miller asked angrily.

'That's not important right now.' Bellamy's voice was rough. 'Pike just sentenced Lincoln and Sinclair to death alongside Kane and Brinley.' Bellamy had to force the words out of his mouth.

Miller and Harper hadn't heard from Brinley, and they'd both assumed she had been caught, but hearing the news of her sentence still sent a bolt of nausea through both of them. But despite their internalised horror at the news, both of their expressions remained cool and collected.

Miller glanced sideways at Harper, who looked back at Bellamy and Monty as she spoke, her voice even. 'Are you trying to scare us?'

'No. We're here to help.' Monty explained. 'I'm sure you have a plan to break them out. What can we do?'

Harper shook her head slightly. 'What are you talking about?'

'Harper, come on.' There was an underlying sense of urgency in Monty's voice.