XVII

*UNEDITED*

Hellooooooo :)

*****
Sometimes two people love each other

so god damn much that their chemistry

turns into chaos.

*****

Brinley rolled her eyes as she listened to Clarke and Bellamy argue.

She was far enough away that she couldn't hear exactly what the two were saying, but she got the general idea. The two were arguing about what to do next, and judging by the gestures and quick glances towards her, Brinley assumed she'd become a part of the conversation.

Brinley's interest was piqued again only when she noticed Clarke begin to move away from everyone else. Brinley couldn't help but watch the way Bellamy watched after Clarke, her heart clenching painfully at the obvious worry in Bellamy's expression.

Brinley pushed her feelings away as she began to follow after Clarke after a few moments, a frown gracing her features as she began to get the foreboding feeling that something was amiss.

Sure enough, upon entering the cover of the trees, Brinley quickly stumbled upon Roan and Clarke, the latter of which looked too calm considering her weapon less state and the dangerous male in front of her.

'-I won't stop. Not until the ice nation has it's commander.'

Brinley briefly saw Clarke's eyes drift to her as she snuck up behind the Ice Nation King, but to Clarke's credit, her gaze drifted back immediately, so as not to give anything away.

Brinley pressed the tip of her sword to Roan's neck, pushing down slightly. 'I suggest you don't move.'

Brinley heard Roan let out an angry sigh as Clarke stepped away from him slightly, her hands finding her fallen weapon easily.

Clarke held her gun up, flicking off the safety and aiming it at Roan as Brinley circled the tall male like a predator, her sword raised in a defensive position until she came face to face with him.

'Gonaripa. You're less intimidating without your war paint.'

Brinley sneered. 'Makeup doesn't change what I can do, or what I know; For example, knowing exactly how many ways I could gut you from this one position.'

Roan's expression seemed to harden slightly, causing Brinley to grin wickedly.

Brinley was itching to cause Roan physical pain like he had done to her and the people she cared about. Her fingers had tightened around her sword, and Clarke noticed.

'Brinley, don't. We need him.'

Brinley let out a string of expletives. 'What could we possibly need him for?'

Before Clarke could answer, a sharp crack sounded from behind them, and Clarke whirled around – her attention wandering for a split second.

That split second was all Roan needed.

Clarke's inattention meant Roan was free to lunge backward slightly, just out of reach of Brinley's weapon. Brinley realised what had happened as she struck, aiming for Roan but having her blow blocked with practiced accuracy. Roan was good, and all it took was for Brinley to deliver another attack a split second too late, before her back was against Roan's chest, his knife at her throat and her sword at her feet.

'Roan, stop. This doesn't have to end in blood.' Clarke pleaded quickly, and it was only then that Brinley realised Roan had managed to disarm Clarke again, too.