3 - Allies

Only time I'll put this, but obviously the second part of this book contains spoilers from season 2. :) 

*NOT EDITED* 

Please vote and comment!

*****

The first thing Brinley saw when she entered the medical facility was Clarke occupying one of the beds while the doctor hovered around, checking IV's and bandages on the various other patients in the room. As the doctor turned around, Brinley forced her eyes to the floor, her hair hanging like a curtain around her face.

'What do we have here?' The doctor frowned as Brinley sobbed quietly.

'She was destroying the dormitories; we found her with medication she'd stolen from someone else, gave her people quite the fright.'

'Well that's not good at all. Put her on one of the beds.'

Brinley looked up at the doctor, her eyes drifting to Clarke intentionally. 'Is that Clarke? What's wrong with her – what's she doing here?'

Brinley saw Clarke's mouth twitch slightly and Brinley knew that they had been successful.

'Brinley I'm going to need you to calm down, your friend is fine and you will be too, just relax. I'm going to give you something to make you sleep okay? We'll talk more when you wake up.'

Brinley found herself being held down as an IV was put into her arm, the doctor watching her while a medicated sleepiness overcame her as she blinked rapidly, fighting against it to stay awake.

'... Hardly surprising considering...'

'...President Wallace...'

'... Cage believes...'

'... ley... Bri... Brinley! Wake up!'

Brinley felt a sting in her arm as she opened her eyes to see Clarke hovering over her.

'It worked?' Brinley slurred immediately.

'Yeah, it did, you've only been out for a few minutes, c'mon.'

'Did you find something?'

'There's something weird going on here.' Clarke pointed to an open vent. 'Let's find out what it is.'

The two crawled through the opening, Brinley still feeling sluggish – whatever sedative they had used was strong – until Clarke gave a loud gasp.

Brinley squinted her eyes as they adjusted to the new environment, her jaw dropping as she took in the people strung upside down and filled with tubes that were pulling a thick stream of crimson out and into the medical room they'd just come from.

'What is this?' Brinley frowned.

Clarke didn't have a chance to answer as cries and moans filled the room from the cages the two girls had yet to notice.

Clarke walked towards them, much to Brinley's displeasure. 'Don't get too close Clarke.'

But Clarke ignored her and Brinley immediately moved forward at the words that left her lips.

'Anya?'

*****

It wasn't everyday you found yourself under a pile of dying and already dead bodies, at least in Brinley's experience.

And yet somehow, that was exactly where she found herself, trying not to breathe in the scent of decaying flesh and the distinct odour of death as she lay inbetween Clark and Anya, the grounder who only days ago, had tried to murder her and her friends.