7 - Consequences

A/N Sorry this took so long, I was on holiday with my fam!
Funfact - 1 Year ago today I met Halsey - take me back plz. 

Comment and Vote - and as always this hasn't been edited so please ignore any mistakes!

*****

Brinley thought she had managed to slip away without anyone noticing, but minutes after she'd collapsed by her bed, it became apparent that someone had been watching her.

'Brinley?'

Brinley glanced up, her vision slightly hazy and unfocused from the tears blurring her vision. She could see someone in the doorway, and as she blinked her eyes focused on the person's familiar face.

'What do you want?'

Marcus Kane eyed his daughter warily. Brinley was a time bomb and everyone who knew her knew that. One wrong move and she could explode.

'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine.' Brinley's reply was sharp.

'The commander is allowing Abby and I to join her negotiation with Clarke. I'd like you to come with us.'

'Why?'

'Because Clarke needs a friend right now Brinley. The two of you used to be so close.'

Brinley scoffed. 'Clarke wants nothing to do with me anymore. Especially after what just happened.'

Marcus was curious as to what Brinley meant, but he knew not to push her for answers; at least not now. 'Then come for your people's sake. Mount Weather is our top priority, you could be helpful.'

Brinley thought for a moment before she stood up, wiping any stray tears from her cheeks. 'Fine. Lead the way.'

As the two made their way back into the general population, Brinley noted that no one had left after Finn's final breaths, instead everyone seemed intrigued as to what would come next. Brinley was aware that eyes were following her, her father and Abby's movements.

Brinley could still hear Raven's cries, though she wasn't sure if they were a product of her own imagination or a real thing, reminding her that though Clarke had finished it, Brinley had been the one to put the idea of surrender in Finn's head.

Brinley knew that she had done the right thing in giving Finn a choice, but a small voice in the back of her head whispered that she'd just killed someone else. Her friend.

Brinley tried not to glance at the spot where Bellamy and Raven had been standing but her eyes betrayed her. Raven wasn't crying, instead she was staring off into space, a blank expression taking over her features.

Bellamy, along with many of the other Arkadians, was already watching her, the expression on his face unreadable.

Brinley ignored the pain in her chest as she made her way forward. Marcus and Abby were let by without any problem, but Brinley was immediately stopped.

'The commander said two.'

Brinley eyed the two grounder guards, a hard expression on her face. 'Then ask your commander if she can upgrade that number to three.'

'She's my daughter.' Marcus tried reasoning with the grounder guards. 'She won't be any trouble.'

'Two only.'

Brinley rolled her eyes. 'Alright, listen here-'

'What seems to be the problem?'

Brinley rolled her eyes as the two guards dropped their eyes in respect. 'Heda, this girl wishes to join the negotiation.'