I

Hello! Season 3 Finally!
Comment and Vote please!
Hope you enjoy! xo
*UNEDITED*

Trigedasleng Dictionary in case you were curious >> 
http://trigedasleng.info/ 

*****

'It scares me
how one single
thought of you can tear
me apart and put me
back together within
a matter of seconds.'
- a. m

*****

... 3 Months Later...

Pain is a strange concept.

It is often very simply defined as a highly unpleasant physical sensation, caused by one or more illnesses or injuries. In truth the definition is slightly more complex. Pain comes in many forms, physical pain though often being the first definition that springs to mind, certainly isn't the only variation of the word.

There will be those that agree that sometimes, physical pain is far easier to deal with than mental pain. Atleast with a physical injury, people can clearly see that something is wrong and offer to help in whatever way they can. Mental pain is more difficult in that it's not always obvious, sometimes the only clues to suffering are in plastered smiles and shaky breaths, things that you'd only catch if you were looking hard enough, or even looking at all.

Pain is ever-present and entirely unavoidable, whether the pain comes from heartbreak and betrayal, or a surgical procedure and bullet wound. Every single person on the planet has felt some severity of both physical and emotional pain, and every single person has their own unique way of coping.

Out of physical or emotional pain, which would you prefer?

Brinley Kane knew which one she would choose.

If she had a choice, that is.

*****
Octavia was free.

Octavia Blake loved the feeling of the wind in her hair and the steady sound of Helios' hooves as she sped through the trees and over the open planes. Freedom was something that she'd become accustomed to in the last three months since the fall of mount weather, and after having a taste of it, she wasn't sure she could ever go back to the life she'd been living before.

Certainly things had changed; in fact they were still changing every day. New rules, new jobs, there was always something new to do and with trikru not longer being a threat, there was a sense of liberation that hung over Arkadia.

Octavia loved every moment of it.

Octavia slowed Helios down as she came to a thicker spread of trees, spotting a flower placed neatly in the tree in front of her. Octavia dismounted Helios immediately, cautiously moving closer. The flower was the same as the ones Lincoln had begun leaving out for her when the hundred had first landed, but Octavia knew that this wasn't Lincoln's doing. Lincoln was currently living and working in Arkadia alongside Bellamy, helping her brother train her friends in combat.

Octavia felt something hit her in the back of the head and she ducked down slightly as a reflex, only to hear a laugh from above her.

'You gotta be quicker than that, Blake.'

A grin immediately formed on Octavia's face as she stared up at the girl perched casually in the tree, looking as though she'd been doing it all her life. 'Screw you, Brin.'

Brinley grinned, jumping down lithely, landing beside Octavia, reaching up to pat Helios with a gentle hand as she laughed. 'That's Lincoln's job last time I checked.'

Octavia cherished the rare moments Brinley chose to reveal herself. Like Clarke, Brinley had left camp the moment her bullet wound had healed enough, and just as Clarke had, she'd only told one person that she was leaving.

Octavia knew she couldn't make Brinley stay, but that didn't mean she agreed with her decision. She knew from Bellamy that something had tortured Brinley for the short time she stayed at Arkadia before sneaking away into the shadows late one night. But Brinley closed herself off, changing the subject whenever Bellamy cautiously mentioned the topic.