XVIII

A/N Hellooooo :) 
New chapter, here we goooo! 2nd Last chapter of season 3!

QUICK QUESTION: Do you guys want season 4? Cause I'm down to write it if you want it!

You know the deal by now - *UNEDITED*

*****

retrouvaille; 
(n) The joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation; rediscovery (re-trU-'vl)

*****

Brinley woke feeling better than she had in days.

Her body wasn't aching as badly and her eyes weren't as heavy. Despite her initial protests, Brinley was glad she'd managed some restful sleep, because it had made all the difference.

Brinley felt her cheeks warm as she remembered how she'd gripped onto Bellamy, and the soothing circles he'd massaged into her skin. Brinley was often overemotional when she was exhausted, but her emotions usually leant toward anger rather than... whatever she had been feeling only hours earlier – she wasn't sure there was a name from the jumbled ball of feelings in the pit of her stomach.

Brinley left the room, shutting the door tight behind her. She'd only walked a few paces when Octavia appeared, looking fierce with Roan by her side.

'Ready to leave?' Octavia asked, raising an eyebrow at Brinley as the girl ran her hand through her hair.

'Guess so.' Brinley shrugged, eyeing Roan warily.

The Ice Nation King was already watching her, a smug expression on his face.

'The hell are you looking at?' Brinley snapped at him, her eyes narrowing as amusement crossed his face.

'Not the famed Gonaripa, clearly.'

Brinley scowled, her hands tightening into fists.

'Brin, relax. We need him.' At Brinley's hardened expression, Octavia added, 'I hate it just as much as you do.'

Brinley gave a short, sharp nod as she made her way back towards the garage, where she could hear a low hum of voices. Brinley could hear Octavia and Roan following behind her, though she never turned her head to check.

'...We've got a plan.'

Brinley caught Bellamy's eyes as she got closer, and she quickly averted her gaze.

'What are we waiting for?' Octavia made her presence known, Roan following closely behind her.

'Let's move out.' Bellamy ordered, lips pulled into a thin line.

Brinley immediately latched herself onto Monty, hugging him tightly.

'Be careful.' Monty said to her as his arms tightened around her briefly.

'You too.' Brinley smiled wistfully as she pulled away, turning to hug both Raven and Harper, giving them similar warnings to take care of themselves – and each other.

Brinley caught Jasper's eye, a small smile lighting her face as Jasper stepped forward towards her. Her smile slipped slightly at the odd look in his eyes.

'See you soon, yeah?' Jasper spoke first.

'Yeah. Of course.' Brinley forced a smile. 'Be safe, don't do anything stupid.'

'Me? Never.'

Brinley gave a small laugh as she made her way towards the rover.

'You and Bellamy, huh? You kiss and make up yet?' Miller immediately taunted, though there was tension in the set of his jaw. It was clear that Miller was nervous about their mission, and Brinley didn't blame him.