2 - Escape

*NOT EDITED*

Trying to get to the good stuff ahaha

*****

'How long are you going to keep me locked up in here?'

Bellamy spoke the moment Kane appeared, pausing his pacing to question the man he had a strong disliking for. Bellamy knew he wasn't innocent; he'd done many questionable things in his lifetime, from shooting Jaha to allowing a handful of the teenaged criminals hang one of their own, yet the new Chancellor wasn't holding him in regard to any of the more lethal things he'd done; instead Bellamy was being held for assaulting someone who'd tried to murder him.

Bellamy Blake was enraged- and desperate to escape his cage.

'Until I'm confident you're no longer a threat to others.' Kane pulled out a chair, looking entirely too casual and unworried considering that he was now in charge of a large number of people, had crash landed on foreign soil, over half their population was dead and a large group of criminal teenagers were unaccounted for – his daughter included. 'Now, let's continue.'

Bellamy balled his hands into tensed fists, anger coursing through his body.

'You said there were hundreds of grounders attacking, two? Three hundred?'

'I didn't count.' Bellamy snarkily replied, having told the man everything already.

'Why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?' Kane continued, ignoring the malice in Bellamy's voice.

'We were here, that was enough. We're wasting time! The others didn't just vanish into thin air! They were taken, and we need to go after them-'

'Search team is prepping to leave. But not before we've gotten the intel we need from you.'

Bellamy's heart jumped into his throat at the mention of a search team as he moved closer to Kane, sitting across from him. 'I need to be on that team. Please.'

'That's out of the question you're not trained. It's too dangerous.' Kane denied Bellamy's request without an ounce of sympathy.

'Those are my people out there.'

Kane leaned forward. 'They're my people too. You wanna help them? Tell me what we're up against. Grounder tactics, their numbers, what kind of weapons they used.'

'Arrows and spears, axes, swords, their teeth.' Bellamy hoped helping Kane would make the man more likely to allow Bellamy to join the search team.

'No guns?'

Bellamy shook his head.

'You had guns.'

'The guns we found at the aid depot levelled the playing field, and maybe... maybe if we'd had more bullets we could have-'

'There were more bullets. The search team just returned from the bunker. They found two more barrels full of rifles and a third filled with bullets.

Bellamy's heart sunk at Kane's words, embarrassment and defeat crawled over his skin like a disease. He hadn't done his duty as a leader, instead he'd selfishly planned to run away from everyone. If it weren't for Brinley-

Bellamy cut his thought off, refocusing on the conversation at hand. 'We should have looked harder.'

The doors behind Kane slid open and Bellamy's anger and agitation returned tenfold. 'What's he doing here?'

Murphy immediately tensed up, staring wide-eyed at Bellamy.

'Excuse me sir, Dr Griffin cleared Mr Murphy out of medical.' The blonde woman leading Murphy spoke, ignoring Bellamy's murderous gaze.