E I G H T E E N

As morning broke, Finn, Brinley and Clarke picked up their pace and Brinley noticed as Finn started to slow down slightly as they neared what Brinley identified as an old bridge that nature had reclaimed as her own.

Brinley quickly caught sight of Octavia on the bridge and she sighed knowing how livid both Bellamy and Octavia would be with her when they realised she'd played the both of them.

'So that's how you set this up, you helped him escape.' Clarke commented.

'I trust him Clarke.' Octavia tried to make the blonde understand.

'Seems to be a lot of that going around.' Brinley raised an eyebrow at Octavia, who looked slightly startled to see her there.

'Brinley?' Octavia frowned.

Finn sighed, looking at Octavia. 'Clarke told her.'

Brinley snorted. 'Don't sound so happy to see me.'

'I'm just surprised, I didn't think you'd go for it.' Octavia hugged Brinley.

'Yeah, well, I'm just full of surprises.' Brinley commented dryly, praying that Octavia didn't get another surprise in the form of Bellamy. She hoped that they wouldn't have to result to violence today.

'Someone's coming.' Finn's words made Clarke and Brinley tense.

Octavia took off running towards the figure and Brinley tugged on Clarke's arm while Finn was distracted, motioning to where she could see Bellamy, Jasper and Raven, guns in hand. Clarke relaxed slightly at the sight.

Octavia hugged the grounder, and as he set her back onto her feet lightly he stared at Clarke before his eyes shifted to Brinley.

Brinley was wary, but she couldn't see any trace of emotion on his face other than the wariness that she knew was on her own.

Finn saw Clarke's unease and he grabbed her hand gently. Brinley stared daggers at his back knowing Raven was watching.

Octavia smiled at Brinley, and Brinley could see the happiness on her face. Brinley smiled gently at her friend, noticing the grounder relax slightly beside her.

All of them stood ready as a continued beating began coming towards them followed by a high-pitched sound.

'Oh my god, horses.' Clarke exclaimed, looking awed.

Brinley couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous animals in front of her. Had there not been vicious and cruel grounders atop them she may have considered approaching.

All of them watched as a woman appeared, black makeup smeared around her eyes.

'Hey, we said no weapons!' Finn called to Lincoln.

'I was told there wouldn't be.' Lincoln answered darkly and Brinley was surprised by how annoyed he sounded with his own people.

'It's too late now.' Clarke commented and Brinley realised that she was relieved to have Bellamy as a back up plan now that she knew the grounders weren't looking to play nice.

Finn went to walk forward with Clarke but Lincoln reached out, shaking his head slightly. 'She goes alone.'

'What-' Brinley started but Clarke cut her off.

'I'll be fine.'

'Clarke...' Finn trailed off.

'Hey, it's time to do better.' She reminded him and he nodded.