11 - Knocking on Heaven's Door

A/N Vote and comment!
Sorry it took so long, I finally got a new macbook charger!
LAST CHAPTER OF SEASON 2
(Do you guys want season 3? Cause if you do I'm 100% down to write it!) 
*UNEDITED*

*****
'You want to go back in there? You're joking right?'

Bellamy looked grim. 'No. I have to get them out.'

Brinley sighed; though even she had to admit that leaving the grounder army locked in their cages any longer was cruel. She was constantly worrying about her friends and the people hiding them, their brief reprieve from any more death wasn't going to last.

Bellamy and Brinley had spent the last half hour carefully planning their grounder rescue plan, trying to ignore the burning of their lungs from smoke inhalation, and the way their bodies protested as they moved.

Brinley ushered Bellamy ahead of her as they entered the small vent that would lead them right to the room of cages, a place Brinley had hoped she'd never have to enter again.

Bellamy helped Brinley out of the vent, noting the flashes of pain that crossed her face on occasion. Together the two scoped the room, and upon seeing no immediate threat they began moving.

Brinley watched recognition flood Bellamy's face as he put his gun away, pulling out a set of stolen keys. 'Get up; it's time to go. I told you I'd come back for you.'

The grounder girl looked dazed as Bellamy helped her out of her prison. 'Our people are marching on Mount Weather right now.'

Bellamy opened another cage only to be shoved back. 'Hey it's okay! I'm getting you out!'

'Hey, slow down. They just bled him.' The grounder girl explained, frowning at the younger boy sitting limply against the cage.

'Listen to me, there's an army inside this room, and I need you to help me get them ready to fight, can you do that?'

The girl inhaled, nodding quickly.

'Good. Start with him.'

Brinley hung back, unable to do much without a set of keys. As more grounders were released the noise level began to rise, setting Brinley's teeth on edge. 'Bell, we have to make them shut up!'

Bellamy nodded, turning to the grounder. 'Too much noise!'

The woman yelled in her native tongue and immediately the noise level dropped. She turned to Bellamy, eyeing Brinley warily. 'Okay, how do we do this?'

'There's an army outside going for the main door, when they get it open all hell will break loose. That is the signal for my friends to come here and then-'

Bellamy was cut off at a sound over the Mountain's P.A system.

'My fellow citizens, this is your president speaking. I have news to share with you, that will change all of our lives forever.'

'No.' Brinley breathed, a sense of dread settling in her stomach as the implications of the president's smug words set in.

'For ninety-seven years, Mount Weather has been our home. It has kept us alive, but it has also kept us captive. Most of us have made peace with what we've had to do to survive. We've done these things for one reason, so that our people could one day return to the ground. That day is today.'

'Son of a bitch.' Brinley choked out shakily, as Bellamy reached for her hand.

'He's going public.'

'Before my friend Lorelai Tsing was murdered, by the outsiders still at large in this mountain, she found a cure. It was in their bone marrow-'