1 - White Noise

Brinley woke up with a start.

It took her a few moments for her eyes to adjust, but when they did she realised that something was very, very wrong.

She was in a white room, in a white bed, with white floors, walls and ceiling, dressed in white clothing with a tube stuck into her arm. Everything was clinical looking; vaguely familiar medical equipment was pushed neatly around the room, not a thing looking out of place. But despite how unsettled this made her, it wasn't what terrified her the most.

For the first time since she'd set foot on the ground, Brinley Kane was completely alone.

Brinley pushed herself up, her eyes finding a white bandage around her sprained ankle, moving it slightly she determined that some of the swelling had gone down considerably, and the pain was slightly more manageable.

Looking down at her wrist, Brinley didn't hesitate to pull the cannula out of her arm, finding some satisfaction as she smeared the line of blood that appeared on the pristine white sheets she had been lying on.

Her bare feet touched the ground, and it took a moment for her to become used to the chill, but slowly Brinley pulled herself out of the bed, immediately making her way to the door.

Where is everyone?

There was a room opposite hers but Brinley was unable to see if anyone was inside.

A scream left Brinley's lips, as someone appeared at the window - a very familiar someone.

'Clarke?' Brinley rasped out before clearing her throat and banging at the door aggressively. 'Clarke!'

'Brinley?' Clarke's voice was muffled and Brinley could see rivers of blood running down her arm. Brinley eyes were drawn to the blood stained shard of glass Clarke was holding to a pale, dark haired girls neck.

'Let her out.' Clarke commanded.

The dark haired girl trembled as she unlocked Brinley's door, whimpers escaping her lips as Brinley came closer.

'What's going on? Where are we?'

'I don't know, but I'm going to find out. Monty's here.'

Brinley's jaw dropped. 'Monty's here? Oh my god... he's alive?'

'He was when I saw him, and then she appeared.' Clarke nudged the girl again as they began walking, Brinley's mind spinning with possibilities. Does that mean Finn and Bellamy...

'Clarke, you're bleeding.' The girl sobbed as Clarke pushed her down a corridor.

'How do you know my name?' Clarke asked angrily.

'It was on your chart.'

'How do they know my name?'

'I don't know! Please don't hurt me!'

'Do exactly what we say.' Clarke demanded. When the girl reached into the strange blue suit she was wearing, Brinley immediately pushed her against the cement wall.

'I don't think so.'

'Key card.' The girl whispered, trying to inch away from Brinley as much as she could in her current position. ''I just need my key card.'

Clarke took control again as the door to an elevator opened. 'Which level?'

Brinley watched the girl press the level 5 button, storing it away in her mind for future reference.

'Who are you people?' No answer from the girl. 'Answer me! How many of us are here? Where are they? Say something!'

The girl continued sobbing, looking between Brinley and Clarke.