the nightmare

I screamed and shot up. You know how in the movies the girl has a nightmare and she wakes up fine and goes back to sleep. Well not for me, the constant sweat and the feeling of being alone. The most annoying thing is a don't even know what I dreamed about. I was confused and sat with my knees to my chest. Not crying just a little scared.

A sudden warmth came to my left shoulder. I looked up to see robin was still in my room.

"What happened?" His voice showed concern. Well, how wouldn't try and help someone who woke up screaming their head off?

"Nothing.......well I can't remember." I only quietly spoke for him to hear.

"You woke up screaming over something you couldn't even remember?"

"OH shut up." MY cheeks went a light shade of pink. Yeah, it was stupid I know. I was quite after that just thinking of what it was that I was so scared about. He was starting to get up but for some reason, I unconsciously stopped him and held his hand. I didn't look him in the eyes worried I would start to cry. I didn't want to be alone. With a crackly voice, I spoke up.

"Can you stay with me?" I was surprising myself with my actions. Whenever I used to have a nightmare I would shrug it off and fall back to sleep like the girls in the movies. There was no one there for me anyway.

He didn't respond just nodded.

------------------------

The last day of school for the week and my alarm went off. I tried to find it but something was in the way. I opened my half dead eyes to be face to face with Robin. I was, to say the least, freaked out. I quickly sat up thinking over what happened yesterday. Oh, wait, the nightmare. He suddenly stopped the alarm and sat up next to me. He turned and looked at me, with the same reaction.

"Morning." I quickly said before heading to my closet to get changed.

"Thanks for helping me last night," I said quietly just before closing the doors. 

I walked out to see him looking at a hologram computer typing something.

"I'm going down for breakfast, do you want anything?" He quickly turned and smiled.

I just noticed his bed hair and giggled a little, but made short he didn't notice. 

"Sure."

I made bacon & eggs again because it was easy. It was almost like nothing happened. Not that anything did happen.

We didn't really talk much, but I was just tired my mind was fogged and remembering the people I'll have to face at school was not helping.

The train ride was like the other days. The same guy was following me.

"Has that guy been following you since the first day?"

"Yeah but I don't think he'll do anything if there's another person with me."

Robin seemed to keep his eyes on the same guy throughout the train ride and he stayed with me until my 'exchange student' came.

"hey did you miss me?" Again same as the other day coming from behind me. And I punched him on the nose.

"Not in the slightest and don't sneak up on people, you're bound to get hurt."

Robin and I creaked up laughing as his nose started bleeding.

"Serves you right," Robin said between breaths.

Spandex wiped his nose before bringing out his phone.

"Look at what I found."

I sighed

"What a cat video....." I stopped and looked wide-eyed at a photo of me and robin from last night. I tried to snatch it from him but failed.

"you stupid .... stupid idiot, delete that now spandex!" He laughed while he held it high in the air.

"Curse my shortness!" He just stood there laughing before he noticed that his phone wasn't in his hands.

"Dude wait..... give it back." Robin tossed him the phone as he asked.

Of course, the photo was deleted.

"What the hell man, you two looked cute together!" Shoving his hands in his pockets and started to walk to school.

"I guess that's my cue to leave, see you tonight." I let out a sigh over spandex's childish behaviour.

"Yeah see you tonight." Before leaving I gave him a hug.

"Thanks, for you know last night ....... for staying with me." I let go and ran after Spandex blushing.