0.01

"It's been a wild ride on YouTube but I never once thought I'd be the most subscribed to channel!" You smile at the camera and let out a small chuckle.

"Hey, you, is there a problem? Do I need to find someone else to take your shift?" Tina -your boss-barks while snapping her fingers in your face, waking you from your daydream.

Tina's notoriously been known as a bitter woman since the day you met her for your interview a little over a year ago. She's always walked with great posture (which she must've been taught as a child), her nose high in the air and the same thin lipped smile stretched across her aged face. You weren't sure if it was due to childhood trauma or being stuck as a store manager in her late forties but one thing was for sure, she was miserable.

"Oh God, oh shit. I'm sorry, I-i just drifted off" You stutter and stumble over your words, trying to defend yourself as a crippling feeling of anxiety fills your mind. You never really knew how to protect yourself from her cold stare or the toxicity of her words.

Oh shit, you've really done it now...

"Since you can't seem to do the most basic job of working at the check out I'll have to send you to the reception" Tina spits out, each word poisoned with her rage. By the time your minds stopped feeling scrambled she's leaning in close enough for you to feel her breath on your cheeks.

"O-Okay, I'll go now." You reply, cowering away from her as her tall frame towers over you like a skyscraper.

Fight or flight seems to kick in as you desperately push yourself out of your chair and turn away from Tian as quickly as humanly possible.

"This is your last chance! One more mess up and I'll have enough ground to fire you" she rubs her temple with her slender fingers, her newly done acrylic nails making it seem oh so dramatic.

"Look at what you've gotten yourself into now..." You start to scold yourself while making your way over to the reception with a defeated look on your face.

"Oh thank god! come over here and take the phone! I can't handle this anymore." Your coworker Chloe pleads needily while slamming the phone down multiple times.

Her blonde hairs messily tucked behind her ears and her eyeliners smudged from where she's rubbed her eyes. If it was anyone else you wouldn't see it as a red flag but with Chloe it's different. She loved looking her best because as she so often said each day was a new opportunity to fall in love with a stranger and who falls in love with a mess?

"I think the person gets that you want to end the call" You look up at Chloe and smirk cheekily, hoping that your joke would help relax her.

"Shut up" She rolls her eyes dismissively at your comment and moves over so you can pull up a chair.

You sigh and take the phone from her dainty hands after sitting down to wait for the next caller.

"Hello, how can I help you?" You say cheerily and wait for the caller's response.

"Yeah, I'm just wondering, how late do you guys open?" A man with a thick Australia accent asks curiously.

"We're 24/7, I'll hand you to another assistant, sorry. Here." You shake your head and pass the phone over to Chloe.

"Okay, thank you." He says politely and waits for you to pass the call over.

"Hello?" Chloe says hesitantly in fear of it being the same caller as last time, leaving you to wonder what they did.

"Why you call me? Huh?" A different, more aggressive voice dooms through the line, this time with a foreign accent.