0.28

"ready to go?" max asks lovingly as you swing your legs off the bed while he pulls a pair of black vans out of his bag.

"Sure" you mutter dismissively while max softly places the pair of black vans on your lap.

"Joji's outside waiting for us" he informs you as he zips up his bag and flings it carelessly over his right shoulder.

"Joji doesn't even have a car" you scoff at max and push yourself roughly out of the uncomfortable hospital bed.

"he's taken Ian's car" max replies as he hesitantly takes your hand and tries to lace his fingers with yours only for you to pull your arm away from him.

I can't do this, I should start letting him go, falling in love always fucks me over. oh god, my heart hurts, am I crying? when did I start crying. stop this.

"ok" you mumble a reply as you pull open the heavy hospital room door.

"want a coffee or something before we leave?" he questions nicely with a smile but you can see that he wasn't happy made clear by the hurt in his face.

"no" you roll your eyes and walk away from the older boy, deciding that being cold is safer for both of you as you don't want either of you to get hurt.

"okay, lets get going then" he chokes out and inhales sharply while trailing slowly behind you.

"hey (y/n)" George cheerily greets the two of you as you approach the hospital entrance.

You raise your eyebrows at him and give him a half hearted smile as you make your way past him, heading towards Ian's car. 

"hey George" max nods his head towards the half Asian man and smiles awkwardly.

"what's up with her?" Joji asks confused by your current mood while max and himself start to follow your lead.

"she wants to talk about Australia" max says and runs his hand through his long brown hair with a frustrated sigh.

"what did you tell her?" George asks as his curiosity about the current situation grows.

"the truth" he replies simply I'm a deadpan tone as the three of you arrive at Ian's car.

"and that is?" Joji continues to try pry as many details about the situation out of max that he can but no one seems to be in the mood to explain anything to him.

"that he's leaving me, we've been together for around ten months and in that time he neglected to mention the fact that in about a years time he was going to rip my fucking heart out." you spit as you step off the curb and walk around the side of the car until you're at the backseat door.

"will you stop acting so fucking childish?! its not like that and you know it" max shouts as his voice starts to break.

"guys please do this somewhere else, were still in the parking lot and people are staring" George sighs disappointedly as he shakily pulls the car keys out of his back pocket and presses the unlock button.

"whatever" you huff while you fling open the backdoor of the car and practically throw yourself onto the backseat.

Max opens the door on the opposite side of the car and sits on the other side of you ( still leaving the seat in the middle because who likes that seat).