0.37

"I should be thanking you" Max beams down at you and places a soft kiss on your forehead.

You just mumble something that sounds like a reply but you place your  head on maxes shoulder as substitute.

You smile to yourself and breathe in his sent, everything is finally peaceful and any sadness feels long gone.

The door bell rings, breaking the silence causing you to let out a strangled groan.

"Can you get that?" You mutter groggily and Move closer into maxes chest.

You look up to see that Max has fallen asleep so you slowly move away from him, carefully trying not to wake him.

"I'll get it" you mumble to yourself as you walk over to the door, as if you have a choice.

You solemnly trot down the stairs and walk past max's kitchen to the front door.

The door bell continues to ring, whoever was on the other side was determined to get in.

Who could it be?

You look through the key hole and see a very familiar boy with caramel hair and a wide smile.

It's him, it's actually him.

You smile and start to cry as you throw the door open, flinging yourself on to the boy standing behind the door.

I finally have him back.

"Nice to see you too?" The man replies in a surprised tone, his body still tense as he loosely hugs you back.

"I've missed you so-" you look up and choke on your words when you see the man you were hugging was Joji.

"Are you okay?" He asks in a worried tone as he puts his hands on your shoulders to look in your eyes.

What?

This can't be real?

"No, he was here. I saw him" you begin to shake as you look around the street for the caramel hairs boy.

This is a dream, this is just a bad dream.

"You're going to see him a lot, it's part of grieving" George tries to comfort you as your breath gets caught in your throat and you become light headed.

"No" you mutter on repeat in between desperate gasps for air but this only causes you to lose your balance and fall away from George.

"Shit" George groans as he pulls you towards him and carefully picks you up bridal style.

Your start to feel sick as you find yourself unable to breathe while george carries you into the living room.

"Max!" Joji calls in a high pitched voice as he lies you down on the sofa.

No reply.

You take a breath in as hard as you can but it feels like you can't take any oxygen in, it's all just empty.

"(Y/n), sit up straight, in through your nose, out through your mouth." George commands as he slips his hand under you back to help you sit up straight.