5

"hey phil, i'm at the grocery store do you need anything?"

"what? what are you doing at the grocery store, it's like four o'clock,"

"yeah, not too much work today so i thought i could come home earlier, and make dinner and stuff,"

"not too much work huh? you mean you just kept procrastinating so you took a half day?" phil teased and dan could feel his cheeks flush as he shook his head.

"shut up lester, tell me if you need anything from the store or i'm hanging up,"

"i swear to god, you take advantage of your poor boss, he's just too lenient,"

"excuse me! he loves my work, i am his favourite employee," dan boasted, and phil laughed lightly from the other side, his laugh muffled due to loud chatter in the background.

"sure, sure," phil rolled his eyes, his mood uplifting slightly at the fact that dan would be home early for once.

"anyways, could you just buy a packet of marshmallows for adrian, because you know how he complains when there's none in his hot chocolate. and yeah, buy some detergent too, it's almost finished from the last time i did laundry," phil explained, running his mind to come up with anything else that they needed.

"okay," dan nodded. "chris! grab some marshmallows and the liquid detergent," chris just gave dan a small smile before pushing their cart along the food aisle, dropping in a packet of marshmallows.

"chris? why is he with you?"

"he was just helping me shop and stuff," dan shrugged casually, not knowing what effect his actions had on phil.

"oh, alright," and let's just say phil wasn't so happy anymore. he wasn't going to lie, he did not like dan hanging around chris. he just hated the fact how they were always together when phil called, how dan always managed to bring chris up in any conversation they may be having.

he talked like chris was his lover and phil hated it.

"alright, you need anything else?"

"just you," phil mumbled softly, almost inaudible and dan scrunched his eyebrows, trying to hear what phil was saying.

"what? i can't hear you phil, it's too loud in your office,"

"i said i-i, um, if you could grab some more milk,"

"alright, milk, okay that's it right?"

"yeah,"

"okay, see you at home darling,"

"mhm yeah," phil hummed dismissively. "see you at home,"

--
im watching tangled and i want a eugene