42

"what time do i wake you up?" phil wrapped his arms loosely around dan's waist, pulling him closer just a bit so he could place an affectionate kiss against the back of his head.

"what makes you so sure you'll be waking me up? i'm a grown man," dan rolled his eyes, leaning back in phil's grip slightly so his back rested against phil's chest as he messily folded a pair of sweatpants and slumped it onto the growing pile of clothes in his suitcase.

"just to be safe darling," phil laughed lightly, burying his nose in dan's hair and resting his chin on dan's shoulder lazily.

"four thirty,"

it was almost midnight, adrian fast asleep in his room to sleep off all the tiredness that the camp brought along, and dan doing some last minute packing. they did end up having breakfast but it was only short because phil had gotten a call from his office about a meeting being rescheduled.

it was nice nonetheless, they caught up with each other, talking about unnecessary topics, making small jokes and trying not to let the thick air from before sink in. adrian had avoided almost all conversation about his school life which made dan slightly suspicious, but that slipped his mind once he was off to work.

after they were done packing the smallest of things, it was a quarter away from one in the morning, and dan gently pushed open the door of adrian's room, walking up to him and pressing a soft kiss against his forehead. he pulled the covers up to his chest before he flicked off the lights and made his way back to phil, who was already in bed.

the patterned duvet was drawn up to phil's chest, a soft smile on his face as he beckoned dan to join him on the bed. dan returned the gestured lazily, slipping next to phil and shuffling closer to the older boy.

"i'm so tired," dan's arm reached across to hold phil, and phil smiled again, allowing dan to rest his head on his chest so he could lightly twirl dan's messy hair between his fingers.

"i'll miss you," phil mumbled softly, pressing a kiss to the younger boy's forehead and dan curled his body more towards phil, nuzzling his face in phil's neck and breathing deeply.

"me more,"

+

"eat first," phil demanded, a short yawn escaping his lips as he carried two fried eggs to where dan was frantically going through his things, trying to make sure he doesn't miss anything important.

"yeah, yeah just a minute," the younger boy trailed off, picking up his phone from the bed and scrolling through it, dialling a number before pressing it to his ear.

phil sat down next to dan's open suitcase, resting one of his elbows on the pile of clothes and leaning on it tiredly, running his fingers through his messy hair to smooth it out.

"chris! you were supposed to be here by now where the hell are you? do you know what time we have to reach the airport? five thirty! and you're here being a lazy-"

"calm your freaking tits, i'm literally in your driveway,"

"hurry up," dan threw his phone on the bed carelessly, attempting to shut his suitcase, causing phil to move from his leaning position, both his hands holding the plate of eggs as he stared at dan.

it was too early for him to even think about the possibility of something happening between dan and chris, moreover, he was starting to become less of a prude and accept whatever friendship dan and chris had developed. all the overthinking that he'd been through months ago was catching up with him, and he was mentally tired.

he wanted to avoid thinking about all the negative possibilities.

"phil?" dan's tone was slightly nervous as he lifted the heavy luggage and settled it on the floor, slumping down next to phil on the bed. the older boy only hummed in response.

"i want you to know that chris and i will not be doing anything inappropriate on this trip, incase your stupid head gets that idea," dan shuffled closer, resting his head on phil's shoulder, and phil just smiled reassuringly, settling the plate of food next to him so he could wrap his right arm around dan's shoulder.

"don't worry, i trust you," dan nodded lightly against phil's neck, tilting his head so he could place a kiss on his cheek. "now eat this before he drags you out of here," phil handed the plate to dan who smiled thankfully, quickly shoving the eggs in his mouth.

"have you packed your toothbrush?" phil asked, and by looking at the panicked look at dan's face he knew that he didn't.

"i'll do it, don't worry," phil ruffled his hair fondly, getting up and walking to the bathroom, picking out dan's toothbrush and stuffing it into a spare pocket of dan's suitcase.

on cue, chris pressed the buzzer of their apartment, and phil reassured dan that he'll get it, quickly walking towards the main door and pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose before pulling the door open to reveal an equally tired looking boy.

"hey man, is dan ready?" chris smiled, and phil nodded, giving him a small smile in return.

"yeah, would you like a cup of coffee?" phil moved out of the way so chris could walk in, and chris just shook his head, running his fingers through his hair.

"i would love to but we're really getting late," he scratched the back of his head and phil nodded in understanding, excusing himself and walking to the bedroom, where dan was stuffing his feet in a pair of old sneakers.

"chris is here," phil informed him, and dan just looked up, quickly tying his laces and standing up in front of phil, reaching out and grabbing his hand.

"i'll miss you," dan's cheeks flushed as he said so, and phil only took a step forward, wrapping his arms tightly around dan's waist.

"text me when you reach the airport," he said simply, and dan wound his arms around phil's neck, nodding softly before pulling away and pressing his lips against phil's in a short kiss.

"dan!" chris yelled from the hall. "we're getting late!"

"i have to go," dan mumbled, resting his forehead against phil's, and phil nodded his head reluctantly, kissing dan's lips once again before retrieving his hands from around him and cupping dan's cheeks between his hands, pressing one last kiss to dan's forehead before letting go.

"love you,"

--

gUESS WHO'S BACK