29

(happy diwali!!✨)

"could you drop me?" is the first sentence that leaves dan's mouth ever since he waved adrian off for camp, and phil just lowers the cup of coffee from his mouth to raise an eyebrow at him.

"why?" it's the first time phil has spoken too, quickly diverting his eyes away from dan's face and gulping down his coffee as he waits for an answer. why can't dan just take the tube?

"why do you need a reason? i'm your husband? if i ask you to drop me yo-" dan stops mid sentence because he sees the disinterested look on phil's face and the way he rolled his eyes from behind the mug. he feels annoyed and neglected and he simply does not want to put up with this ignorant side of phil.

he doesn't say anything about it though, silently watching as phil buttons his shirt at the collar and pulls his tie tight around his neck, tucking his hair back into place from where they had fallen.

phil doesn't say anything to dan, just cocks an eyebrow in disinterest, as if to ask if he's coming or not, and dan just purses his lips in agitation and grabs his bag and laptop, following phil down the stairs once the door is locked.

"wait here i'll get the car out of the driveway," phil tells dan, voice low and tone hostile as it has ever been, and dan just sighs and nods slightly, not meeting his blue eyes. phil doesn't mind that, nor does he take into consideration the fact that dan might be hurt or annoyed as well, he just shrugs and walks down the driveway, keys dangling from his fingers.

dan stands patiently outside their apartment, tapping his foot impatiently as he waits for phil to turn up, and he adjusts the sleeve of his jumper in the meanwhile. he doesn't have to dress as professional as phil does because his workplace is simply not as professional as phil's is. it's random and flexible and a place where dan doesn't mind working at, and then of course, he has some good friends there, including chris, and he doesn't mind waking up early for a job like that.

he is distracted slightly from the thoughts when he hears the faint screeching of tires across the gravelly road, and he looks up expectantly to find phil's black car pull up, but instead it's a bright red colour, and chris is rolling the windows down, his elbow hanging out of it.

"well hello my lady, i see you're on time-" chris begins with a charming smile on his face, his expression turning a bit confused when he noticed the colour draining from dan's face.

"is everything okay?" chris furrows his eyebrows in question, and dan can feel his stomach twisting as he steps closer to the car.

"w-what are you doing here? i just asked phil to drive me and i just, what," dan begins to ramble and the confused expression on chris' face just intensifies even more.

"what? why? i texted you that i'm coming to get you why did you-anyway, we're heading to the same office come on in and save phil some time," chris brushes off the fact easily but he has no idea what happened last night. dan cannot let phil see chris right now or things are just going to be chaotic.

"no chris you go i'll come with-" and of course dan is too late because phil is already pulling out of the driveway, his eyes fixed on the side mirror. and dan is watching him carefully, his expression falling guilty when phil diverts his eyes towards their exchange, and from here he can see how phil's face falls.

dan opens his mouth for an explanation once phil's car is nearer and he expects phil to get out and yell at him but that doesn't happen. phil just drives past the two of them without as much as a glance, and while chris is still sat confused inside the car, waiting for dan to say something, dan is just cursing loudly under his breath, wishing he would have just gotten on the tube instead.

--
i know u've waited long & this isn't worth it but i don't have an explanation im sorry