69

it's half past twelve when chris feels his phone buzz in his pocket, and he slides out the device to see pj's name flashing on the screen. his eyebrows furrow in confusion for a while, wondering why pj is calling him this late, and he excuses himself from the group of people he was previously standing with to answer the call.

the rotary event went better than he had expected, and he was slightly relieved to find that dan isn't sulking around anymore but talking to a few people, a pink blush coating his soft cheeks as he tipsily blabbers thank you's to people who congratulate him, a wide smile on his face.

chris smiles at dan's demeanour, before quickly sliding out of the hall and answering the call, pressing the phone against his ear.

"oh my god chris," is the first thing that slips from pj's mouth, his voice hushed and chris furrows his eyebrows slightly before responding.

"pj? are you okay? what's wrong?" his voice holds an undertone of concern, and he hears pj sigh loudly on the line.

"you won't believe what happened," pj sounds more nervous that bothered, and chris allows the creases in his forehead smooth out, breathing out of relief that it isn't something serious.

"what?"

"phil asked me to hook up with him," as soon as the statement leaves pj's mouth, chris can physically feel his face fall, his lips pursing as pj continues to speak. "and he's just so fucking pretty, i don't even know if i deserve this,"

chris can feel his heart restrain harshly in his chest, his stomach twisting uneasily for two reasons-one that phil is dan's husband and he has no idea how to tell dan that his own friend was going to hook up with phil, and the second reason being the fact that he thought he had something with pj.

they don't necessarily act like they are completely in love, but whenever pj told him that he found someone else attractive, chris could feel the anger bubble inside him. their relationship wasn't exactly platonic-at least not to chris, and when he hears that pj is actually considering sleeping with other people, it breaks his heart in a way that he himself can't explain.

"oh," the word is heavy when it slips off of chris' tongue and he tries to retain himself from almost crying. "are you planning to, you know, agree to it?"

"of fucking course i am what do you think?" pj sounds like he thinks the question is completely pointless, and chris suddenly loses control on his tongue as he starts to speak, uncensored.

"but i-i thought you were just kidding, i didn't think you would actually-do you really like him?" chris can hear the desperation drip into his tone and he hates the fact that his palms have started to get clammy, the metal device almost slipping from his fingers.

"i don't know if i like him but, i don't know, he's just really fucking hot and-" he pauses.

"shit, i've been in here too long i'll talk to you tomorrow," pj doesn't even wait for chris' reply before he ends the call, and as soon as the line goes dead, chris' hands are winding into his hair, pulling harshly at the sprayed strands as if it would relieve some of the pain in his chest.

it doesn't work, obviously, and so he just sinks down to the floor, completely defeated before burying his face in his hands and leaning back against the cold wall, trying to figure out what the hell to do.

he will have to tell dan.

--

sorry for not updating for a while ,, my exams will end on the 1st of march and hopefully more updates ??

also thank u so much for ur support on delivered it is trending #1 in so many tags i can't be thankful enough to u

love u guys xx

also thank u for 600k aGhhH