34

(( i actually struggled with this chapter because i've forgotten how to write without making everything go wrong ??? what the hell is wrong with me ))

--

"yeah no it's just a stomach virus," phil
lied, glaring at dan who was quietly giggling in his chest. the call had disturbed both of their slumber rather abruptly, and where phil was annoyed by the nasally voice interrogating him through the phone, dan didn't seem to mind. he was just laughing sleepily at phil's frustration, drawing uncertain patterns on phil's stomach and hooking his leg lazily around phil's.

"i'll cover up for it tomorrow john, jesus christ give me a break," phil muttered, voice heavy as he twisted a piece of dan's hair between his fingers, wanting for the phone call to end so he can go back to sleep.

it was five minutes later when phil was done convincing his colleague that he'll be there at work tomorrow, and dan's body had gone limp again in his arms, his eyes fallen shut and his lips parted. phil just sighed loudly, placing his phone on the nightstand and shifting in his place, turning his body so he can hold dan properly.

"did they say anything?" dan mumbled sleepily in phil's chest once phil pulled him closer, and the older boy simply placed a kiss against his forehead, shaking his head.

"just said i'll have to make up for it tomorrow," phil groaned, rolling his eyes and dan snorted, pulling away slightly to look at phil.

"what the fuck is their problem? you never take a leave and they are still behaving like this? i will fucking-" dan rambled aimlessly and phil just leaned forward to kiss him softly to silence him.

"calm down it's only eight thirty," phil mumbled against his lips and dan pushed against his chest in response.

"i don't like your office," he pouted and phil couldn't do anything but roll his eyes again, pushing the hair away from dan's forehead before wrapping his arms around the younger boy.

"i feel you," phil tried nuzzling his face in dan's neck but dan was already pushing him away, sitting up in bed and pulling the covers off both their bodies.

"dan! what are you doing? come here," phil whined, trying to snatch the covers back but dan wasn't agreeing to it, shaking his head and pulling them back.

"no we are not wasting this day by staying in bed! come on let's have breakfast," dan grabbed phil's arm, tugging at it to make phil get out of bed and phil just groaned in annoyance, grabbing his glasses from the side-table and pushing them up the bridge of his nose.

"don't look at me like that," dan stated when phil glared at him with a pout on his face. "come on, we can have pancakes," dan pushed, noticing the agitation slip from phil's face.

"fine, but you're making them," phil shrugged and dan grinned, nodding and pulling at phil's arm again.

it was when dan was flipping the second pancake when phil slid dan's ringing phone across the counter, dismissively digging into his pancake again.

"who is it," dan asked as he pressed the spatula against the cooked side, and phil just rolled his eyes before answering.

"chris of course," he answered with a mouthful and dan grunted at phil's tone, placing the second pancake on phil's plate before answering.

"i'm busy," dan said as soon as the phone touched his ear, and phil cocked an eyebrow at him in question.

"yeah tell him i'll write an email about it, but i can't talk right now i'm with my husband," dan poured a ladle of batter into the pan, and ended the call, watching as the liquid spread evenly inside the metal dish to form a circle.

"what was that about?" phil stuffed a forkful of food in his mouth to hide the surprise in his tone and dan turned his head slightly to look at him.

"what?"

"why did you talk to him like that?" phil asked, trying to act as casual as possible and dan only shrugged in response.

"you took a holiday for me, i'm not wasting that by talking to this idiot," he said simply and phil tried to hide his smile for a while before giving in and wrapping his arms around dan's waist from behind, pressing a soft kiss against his neck.

"i love you," he mumbled and dan leaned back into his grip before repeating the words.

"i love you,"

--
what the f ck is my writing

also !! check out my new book stranger things it's really cute you'll like it