80

"should i wear my blue jersey or is it too cold for that?" adrian holds up a jacket as he stares at both his parents sitting across from each other on the dining, both their hands curled around separate cups of what looks like coffee.

"i think that's fine," phil cocks his head to the side. "what time do we have to leave?" he adds and adrian's eyes drift to the wall clock, before his eyes widen.

"i have to be there in twenty minutes! i'll just put on my shoes, can you drive me right now?" adrian looks over to phil anxiously. he doesn't want to run late into class and have multiple pair of eyes on him, their mouths silently moving to talk about the guy who is so unpunctual. he already gets a lot of shit at school, the last thing he wants is to people at his football class to talk about him too.

"yeah, of course, go get ready," phil gulps down the scalding coffee in one go and gets off his chair, pulling his jeans up his hips and carding a hand through his hair to make the slightly greasy mess to stay off his forehead.

dan watches quietly, his mouth touching the rim of his cup but not sipping as he stares at phil, his soft lips humming an unknown song and his feet carrying him down the hall to get his shoes. dan has this constant anxiety bubbling in his stomach, not even the warmth of coffee is helpful, the liquid that could calm him down once it slides down his throat is today of no use.

nothing is willing to comfort him, and he believes it's because he doesn't deserve it. from adrian's smile to phil's hugs and now the brown liquid swirling in his cup-nothing can retain the comfort back into his body. he is restless and anxious and his heart is refusing to glue the pieces together. it's constantly breaking, piece by piece, vein by vein, and his chest is physically hurting with guilt.

he knows if he's away from phil for even a second he will lose the slight grip on himself and break down in the worse way possible. he could do things that would not only hurt him but his family as well, and the thought of what he could do to himself to deal with his haywire emotions scares him.

when phil returns and sits down on the chair again, bending over to put on his shoes, dan puts the untouched cup of coffee back on the table and gulps inaudibly before opening his mouth to speak.

"phil?" his voice is croaky. he hasn't spoken a single sentence ever since he collapsed in phil's arms, and the blue eyed boy turns his head to the side to look at him.

"yeah?" his voice sounds so peaceful, so normal, so unaffected. dan doesn't want phil to lose it completely when he tells him what he has done.

"c-can i come along?" dan bites the inside of his cheek, waiting for phil's response and phil only smiles at him acutely, soft crinkles making an appearance next to his eyes and dan wants to capture the smile because he feels like this would be the last time he'll be able to make phil smile like that.

"of course baby, i thought you'd want to rest for a while though? you know, jet lag and stuff," phil rambles, and dan's broken heart skips a beat just at the endearing word. he knows phil won't be calling him that any longer.

"no, i want to be with you," dan blurts and watches the way pink splashes on phil's cheeks and he licks his lips as if he's thinking of a way to respond. "i mean, i-i have missed you, so," dan tries to make it better but there's no point, and so he stops in the middle of his sentence and sits there with a bruising blush on his face.

"dad i'm ready!" adrian yells as he walks out of his room, dressed in his coaching attire and phil nods at him, getting off the chair once again and grabbing his keys. adrian slips his bag over his shoulder and moves to the door, leaving dan and phil alone once again and phil offers dan his hand to get up.

dan looks up, his cheeks still flushed, his eyes travelling to phil's open hand and then towards his face, phil's eyebrows raised in question and a little smile on his face.

"come on," phil beckons him and dan sighs, gripping his hand and getting up as well, but before he can make his way towards the door, phil is pulling him to his chest, his arm wrapping around dan's waist to pull their bodies together.

"p-phil, adrian is getting-" and dan can't complete his sentence because phil is pushing the small of his back against the dining table and pressing their lips together fervently, mouths moving with emotion and dan can feel his heart scattering further and coming together all at once, his fingers gripping the back of phil's shirt desperately. when phil breaks their kiss and rests their foreheads together, dan runs his hand through the front of phil's hair to push it further away from his forehead and phil presses another kiss against his lips.

"i've missed you too, so much,"

--
sorry for not updating !! i hope you all are having a good day :) love you