67

why don't you make your insecure little self capable enough for me?

the statement in itself is enough to scatter the irrationality in phil's mind, the lack of coherence boosted solely from each splash of burning alcohol down his empty stomach.

pj is glancing at him worriedly, his fingers curling around phil's bicep as if it will stop him from drinking, and he watches as phil shakes his head harshly as he finishes yet another serving of scotch.

"phil," pj murmurs softly, and phil only looks over to him dismissively, raising his eyebrows as the bright blue of his eyes slowly dissolves into a midnight cobalt, and pj sighs before continuing. "what the hell happened? why are you drinking again, it's not good for you,"

"tell me something new pj," phil is uninterested in the growing concern behind pj's jade irises, and he watches as pj furrows his eyebrows further and licks his pink lips.

"would you at least tell me what happened?" pj pushes, not wanting to make phil feel uncomfortable but still wanting to provide at least a little solace to the pale boy who's hands are shaking as he grips another glass, his long fingers outstretched around the girth of the transparent material.

"how does it matter anyway? he's probably sleeping with his stupid fucking friend," phil seethes, letting the bitterness travel down his throat as he places the glass back on the table, running a fidgety hand through his hair and making the black strands stray off his forehead into a messy quiff.

"i'm sure he's not, maybe he is just as sad as you are-"

"i'm not sad," phil raises his voice a little. "and neither is he, he can never possibly be sad when he's with his boyfriend,"

"how are you so sure that he's cheating on you?" pj ponders out loud, and he bites his lip as phil grabs a fistful of his own hair.

"don't you get it? i call my fucking husband at seven in the morning and another man answers his phone. i call him at three in the fucking night and he's wasted as hell with another guy, what does this possibly mean? he doesn't have to time to call me and maybe ask how our only child is doing but he has all time to go and dick around with that asshole," phil's breathing is harsh when he finishes speaking, a lump of hopelessness settling in his throat and pj only watches him morosely, rubbing his hand along phil's arm to calm him down.

"come here babe," pj sighs, pulling phil's limp body against his own, and phil falls into his grip pathetically, burying his face in pj's shoulder and wrapping his arms around the boy's waist, a loud breath escaping his lips once he feels pj's fingers tangle in his hair in a soothing gesture.

"i'm so sorry, i hope you guys work things out," pj mumbles against phil's hair, and phil just shakes his head against pj's shoulder before pulling back from the hug, and sitting up straighter.

"i don't want to see him," phil states, voice wavering as if he could break down any other second, and pj's hand moves to rest on phil's knee, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"you don't have to, as of now, just don't drink too much okay?" pj ducks his head slightly so he can meet phil's eyes and phil only groans in annoyance, not responding to the statement.

"phil," pj says firmly. "promise me,"

"i'm not making empty promises," phil denies, his words punctuated by a shrug of his shoulders and pj shakes his head before rolling his eyes.

"god stop being extra and promise me that you won't drink this often, it's very unhealthy,"

"fine," phil grumbles, and pj smiles at him softly before leaning forward and pressing his lips against phil's cheek, causing a set of roses to bloom on the pale skin as phil bites his lip and looks over to him.

"what was that for?" phil sounds amused, and pj is both happy and embarrassed. happy because he can finally see the cerulean returning to phil's irises as he gives him a small smile, and embarrassed because he wasn't hoping for phil to react to the affectionate action.

"i don't know you're cute," pj shrugs, his own cheeks flushing as the words leave his lips and he looks away from phil, a flustered expression on his face.

"you're cute too," with that he feels a pair of lips press against his gradually heating cheeks, phil's arm gripping the curve of his waist momentarily before he pulls back, both of them leaning against the wooden bar, a strange tension arising between them.

"hey pj," phil mumbles hurriedly after a moment and pj looks over to him, his cheeks still pink as he raises his eyebrows in question. "do you wanna come back to my apartment?"

--
thoughts on the new branding ?????