54

unknown: hey man, thanks for keeping me company at the bar

phil sighed, running his fingers through the greasy mop of hair on his head and slumping back into the soft cushioned backrest of his recliner. he had a pulsing headache when he woke up this morning, a sticky note pasted to the fridge by adrian who informed him that he had went to school.

phil was feeling terrible.

both because of the guilt of leaving his child alone at night to drink away his pettiness and because of his self assumptions about dan. he felt like he wasn't good enough of a person, let alone be a father or a husband, and the reality of the situation was only clawing at his skull, begging to break free.

this feeling of apathy when it comes to dan and the utter ignorance towards adrian was doing nothing but filling a pool of guilt in the pit of his stomach, and he decided to be slightly rational, wanting to make up to both of them.

he regretted giving a random man his number, for god's sake, he didn't even remember his name. last night for him was full of self pity and confusion, and degrading talks with an absolute stranger about his family.

he had missed work today as well, not giving any notices, nor answering any calls from his office because he was simply tired. the cup of coffee he had managed to make when he woke up was sitting next to him, the temperature of the hot liquid quickly melting away into a cold, bitter and unappetising mess, just like phil's life.

he picked up his phone again, replying to the stranger out of complete curtesy, scratching the back of his head before typing a quick text.

phil: no problem :)

dan had called him a few times, and phil was disinterested in whatever he wanted to say so he didn't pick up. he didn't want to ruin dan's mood, at least one of them should be happy.

phil's phone buzzed annoyingly against his thigh and he sighed out of frustration before sinking further into the couch and viewing the message.

unknown: you were actually really fun to talk to, wanna hang out sometime later?

phil was in no mood to hang out with a person he met while he was absolutely wasted, he didn't know anything about him and while phil may have found him interesting under the intoxication of alcohol, he might find him unbelievably annoying when he's sober.

so phil decided not to reply to his text, and picked up the unattended mug, pressing his lips against the edge and letting the mildly warm liquid slide down his throat.

phil was surprised at how much it tasted like his life.

--

do u like my new theme ?? also pls call me uncle pringle now thank