11

dan's stomach was churning as he fled out of chris' car, not bothering to say goodbye but giving him an urgent smile, before quickly climbing up the two flights of stairs that led to his and phil's apartment. it was fifteen minutes to eleven, and although it wasn't as late as dan usually was, it was definitely past dinner time.

his heart was pounding in his chest, and his breathing was heavy when he pushed open the apartment door, ready to be greeted by loud television or an already asleep phil but instead he could hear pots clinking and spoons rattling and he bit his lip, slowing down his pace as he shrugged off his jacket.

he made his way quietly to the kitchen, the sounds becoming clearer and now he could hear phil's soft singing, an adoring smile stretching on dan's lips at the melody. he fidgeted with his fingers, his lip still caught between his teeth as he made his way over to phil, gently gripping his sides and phil let out a small squeak before relaxing into dan's hold.

"you scared me," phil scolded him and dan just shook his head, smiling and burying his face in phil's shoulder, arms going around phil's waist as he breathed in deeply. phil didn't smell very different than what he did four years ago, although he did carry a musky scent with him now. there were still traces of cinnamon and faint caramel that defined phil, but he smelled..older? does that make sense?

"also, you're late," phil pointed, snapping dan out of his thoughts, as he stirred the spaghetti he was working on, lowering the flames as he set the spatula aside.

"i know, i'm sorry," dan mumbled, holding phil closer and placing a soft kiss on the back of his neck before letting go, running his fingers through his hair.

"i'm sorry too by the way," phil's cheeks flushed as he said the words and dan raised his eyebrows questionably, leaning against the counter and urging phil to continue.

"well um, i kinda forgot that we had plans tonight so i originally had some pizza with adrian, and i was hoping that you come a little later so i can finish dinner," phil admitted and dan just let out a soft giggle, pressing his finger against the bridge of phil's glasses and pushing them back.

"that's alright," his smile faltered slightly and he bit his lip. "i don't really blame you for forgetting, you know because of the other times?" he trailed off, staring down at his feet, and phil noticed the anxious look on dan's face. it was true that many of their plans had been ruined before because dan got caught up in work or phil simply forgot about it, but he didn't want anything to ruin tonight.

"hey it's okay, we're both equally at fault today," phil rolled his eyes fondly as he reached forward to grab dan's hand, pulling the younger boy to him and dan just smiled half heartedly, teeth still digging into his bottom lip.

"stop that," phil tapped dan's lip with his finger but dan just did it further, drawing his lip in further and chewing on it, giving phil a challenging look.

"make me," he remarked cheekily and phil rolled his eyes once again, before pressing their lips together gently, and dan smiled into the kiss, gripping phil's arm as he tilted his head.

"spaghetti," dan mumbled against his lips and phil just groaned in annoyance, turning off the flame completely before turning his attention back to the younger boy, wrapping his arms tightly around dan's waist.

dan let out a short sigh of relief, one of his hands cupping phil's cheek and the other holding his neck, and phil pressed dan's back against the kitchen counter, attempting to deepen the kiss.

phil's tongue traced along dan's smoothly, his fingers tightening their grip on dan's waist as he lifted the younger boy onto the counter, moving forward and standing between his legs, allowing dan's hands to travel from the back of his neck towards his hair, where his fingers twisted softly in the black mess.

dan just let out a quiet moan when phil trailed his lips along dan's jaw, moving down towards his sensitive neck where he placed soft kisses, pausing to suck on the skin gently, careful not to leave marks. his tongue was hot against dan's skin, dan tugging desperately at his hair and as soon as phil's mouth was off his neck, dan was pulling phil in for another kiss.

it was much more heated this time, dan's hands running along phil's broad shoulders and chest before reaching the hem of his tshirt to pull it off, but that was when phil stopped, pulling away slightly from dan and kissing his cheek.

"later," phil promised him and dan just bit his lip again, nodding and hopping off the counter, pressing his lips one last time against phil's before letting go.

dan knew phil was lying, there wouldn't really be a later any time soon.

it was just phil's way of rejecting him.

--
hi is this book okay i mean do u still like it? (im aware that im an insecure piece of shit u don't need to tell me)