Chapter 3

Y/n walks into the living room with her eight dogs trailing behind her. She sits down on the large couch which causes the eight dogs to fight for the rest of the spots on the couch. Y/n leans towards the table in front of her and grabs her phone from the table.

She sees that there are multiple text notifications on her phone but one stands out at her. It's a text from Simon Cowell which is strange. Simon only texts Y/n if he needs a song for any of the singers that he manages.

Strauss, one of Y/n's dogs, finds a comfortable spot right in Y/n's lap. He begins to growl at Coco who is trying to lay down in a small space between Y/n and Ophelia. The singer laughs at the two dogs.

"Shh." Y/n tells Strauss while clicking on the message from Simon.

The first thing that she notices is that the message is a short paragraph. Normally Simon sends Y/n a short, simple message so Y/n doesn't even have to read the message to tell that she's officially single, but a few words pop out at her so she decides to read it.

Simon: I have some sad news to inform you of. This morning the girls had told me that they have done something horrible to you. It turns out that this entire time they have been using you for publicity, and they also have their own boyfriends. It broke my heart knowing that they would pull such a stunt and also how they would do it to such an angel like you. I'm sorry and I hope that we can still work together.

After reading over the text Y/n laughs at her stupidity, she's not even upset. She realizes how oblivious she's been to the signs. They always leave her in the middle of the night, they only act like girlfriends in the spotlight, and they forced Y/n to call off her friendship with Kendall while they got to keep their asshole boyfriends.

Of course, Y/n wants some form of revenge but not yet she wants to drag this out for as long as she can. Y/n logs onto Twitter and begins typing a new tweet.

@/y/t/n: @/KendallJenner come over my sweet. my heart hurts not being around you.

Y/n tweets it out and let's the news unfold itself. Soon enough a hashtag is created that is a party about Y/n and Kendall reuniting there's also another one about Y/n being single. The singer logs off of Twitter after liking a few of her babies, what she calls her fans, tweets.

The woman sits on her couch while smiling and thinking about Kendall and how excited she is to reunite with her best friend. The last time the two saw each other was at the Billboard awards earlier this year. The best friends had to secretly meet each other in the bathroom so the girls of Fifth Harmony wouldn't know.

After thirty minutes, a knock is heard at Y/n's door. Y/n springs up off of the couch instantly knowing that Kendall is finally here. She runs to the door with four of her dogs following her since the others are sleeping. The woman opens her front door and the person walks right inside.

"What the hell Y/n?!" Dinah exclaims while storming into the house. "You're not supposed to be seeing Kendall!" She yells.

Y/n has an amused look written across her face. She can't help the laugh that escapes her lips. This whole situation to her is hilarious. It's not only the idea that Dinah is here right after her manager broke up with Y/n over text it's the fact that Dinah has no idea that it happened.

Dinah frowns at Y/n's response. "I'm being serious Y/n." She says in a serious voice which only makes Y/n laugh more. "What's so funny?" Dinah forcefully asks Y/n while staring her down.

Y/n stops laughing as soon as she hears another car pull up in the driveway. Y/n smiles at Dinah. "Well it was nice seeing you but if I were you I'd leave right now before Kendall beats your ass." She says while looking outside at Kendall who practically fell out of her car as she hurries out of it.

Dinah furrows her eyebrows. "Why would she do that?" She asks very stupidly.

"Listen, you're free to go to your thumb of a boyfriend and you don't have to pretend to date me any longer." Y/n says with a smile on her face.

Dinahs mouth falls agape and she has trouble forming words. Of course she's happy to be free from this trap but she could've used at least one more home cooked dinner with Y/n since she was the best cook that she knew. But Dinah sure as hell won't miss Y/n she's an annoying diva who only cares about herself.

"Now if you don't mind, I have someone who actually gives a fuck about me about to come inside." Y/n says while shoving Dinah outside as soon as Kendall makes her way up the steps. 

As soon as Kendall spots Dinah a spark ignites inside of her. Her first instinct is to beat the shit out of the girl but then she looks at Y/n who's happily smiling. Kendall already knows that Y/n is somehow already over the five women that she loved so she lets Dinah live.

Kendall laughs at Dinah. "Stupid bitch." She says while walking to her best friends side and staring Dinah down.

Something inside Dinah sparks she regains herself and puts on a serious face. "Just so you know you're annoying, clingy, and really fucking stupid." She says before walking away.

Y/n laughs. "I know!" She yells after Dinah while holding back Kendall who might kill her.

The singer feels herself rebuilding the walls around her heart. Even though she doesn't know it, she's also bottling up her emotions and storing them away for a later date.

Y/n shuts and locks her front door before wrapping her arms around Kendall.

"I've missed you." Y/n says into the hug.

Kendall nods her head. "It's been too long bud." She says while wrapping her arms around Y/n.

After a few minutes both of the girls pull away. The four awake dogs are attacking Kendall which Y/n laughs at.

"How are you?" Kendall asks already knowing Y/n's answer will be 'fine' since her best friend is the worst at showing her true emotions.

"I'm amazing." Y/n replies with an excited smile, what she didn't notice was that her heart ached while she said those words.

sorry that this is suckish school started for me on Tuesday and I want to shoot myself.

-Sydney