Chapter 23

"Ten thousand rocks on the lake. So don't call me baby, unless you mean it. Don't tell me you need me, if you don't believe it. So let me know the truth, before I dive right into you." Y/n sings in the studio and Max Martin, one of her producers, runs his hands down his face. Y/n notices this and stops singing. "You alright?" She asks Max while stepping back from the microphone.

"I thought that you weren't going to sing any songs about them since you're friends with them again." Max says into the microphone.

Y/n shakes her head. "I'm only friends with Ally, the other four can choke on their boyfriends dicks." She says which causes Shay, who got back from a modeling job two nights ago, to snort from behind Max. "Also, this was written before Ally apologized so we're good. It's not like I'm gonna release it anyways." Y/n concludes while flipping the pages in her notebook.

Max rolls his eyes. "Lets work on songs that you're actually going to release then." He says while saving that audio file onto the drive that he has for Y/ns music.

"Be productive!" Shay shouts from the couch while posting the video of Y/n singing in the studio, but with no audio so no one could hear the song.

Y/n opens her notebook to the song titled "Knew Better". She thinks about this song before remembering how she wanted to balance "Forever Girl" with a shady song. "Max! I got the song to go along with Forever Girl." She says into the microphone.

Max turns on the microphone. "The microphone is on, get singing girl." He says and Y/n adjusts the notebook

The next few minutes of Y/n recording consisted of Shay jumping up and down while screaming: "Yes Y/n! Drag those bitches!"

*-*-*

Kendall scoffs at Y/n as the singer turns on a livestream. "You're annoying." She says while going back on her phone.

Y/n smiles at the camera as thousands of people join. "Hi loves!" She greets everyone as people, including Camila, join the livestream.

"GUYS Y/N IS DOING A LIVESTREAM AND SINGING A SONG!" Camila yells from the living room right as Ally walks down the stairs on her way to go to Y/ns since she invited her over. Camila notices the grey Southeastern sweatshirt that Y/n is wearing, which she used to wear when Y/n would allow her to.

"I know, I'm going there now. Bye girls, be safe." Ally says while rushing out of the house before Camila, or any of the other girls, could ask her questions. Ally came back to the Fifth Harmony household after a lot of convincing from the girls.

"Why does this matter to us?" Lauren groans from the couch while texting Brad selfies of herself.

"It could be about us." Normani says walking into the room.

"Or maybe it's that song about you." Camila says and wiggles her eyebrows at Normani.

Normani smiles at the mention of that secret song but quickly hides it. "Whatever." She says while sitting down on the couch beside Lauren and leaning her head on the girls shoulder.

Camila turns the volume up on her phone as she watches Y/n grab her acoustic guitar.

"Hey I think Ally's here, can you go down and get her?" Y/n asks Shay after she hears a knock at the door. As soon as Shay leaves the room, Y/n starts strumming her guitar getting ready to start the song.

"Aren't you going to wait for Shay and Ally?" Kendall questions from out of view from the camera.

Y/n shakes her head and announces the song. "This song is called 'Perfect', I forget when I wrote it." She says but in reality she wrote it about a year ago, she just doesn't want to admit it.

Kendall claps from the corner which causes Y/n to roll her eyes. "I'm trying to be encouraging!" She defends herself while she stops clapping her hands.

Y/n ignores Kendall and begins to sing the song. "I found a love for me. Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead. Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet. Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me, 'cause we were just kids when we fell in love. Not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time. But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own, and in your eyes you're holding mine." She sings while playing her guitar as Shay greets Ally at the door.

"Hi!" Ally greets Shay as she steps inside.

Shay closes the door behind Ally and basically pulls her upstairs since she knows that Y/n started singing without her, and she needs to hear this song. Ally is startled at first but she ends up running along with Shay.

As the duo goes up the stairs, they hear Y/ns voice and her guitar. "Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath. But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight." Y/n stops singing and playing the guitar as soon as Shay and Ally step into the room, just to annoy Shay and her fans since they both want to hear the full song.

"You fuck! Keep singing!" Shay yells while forcefully closing the door behind her and Ally.

Ally jumps at the loud noise before sitting down on the bed beside Y/n.

Y/n laughs at Shay before placing her guitar down on the floor. "That's all I got for today, you took too long." She says before turning to Ally. "Hi Allysus." Y/n greets Ally.

Ally rolls her eyes at Y/n. "I would hit you but there's thousands of people watching us." She says while leaning herself against Y/n.

"Here, I'll do it for you." Shay says while slapping the top of Y/ns head as hard as she can.

"Wow, that really hurt." Y/n says sarcastically at Shays poor attempt at physically hurting her.

Ally giggles at Y/n while Shay rolls her eyes and Kendall throws a pillow at Shay. The pillow is deflected by Y/n, then she throws it back at Kendall. The rest of the night was filled with silly, fun conversations and stupid truth or dares.

Camila was sitting alone in her dark room watching the entire livestream, while wishing that she was there having fun with Y/n. She doesn't know why she feels like this, but all that she knows is that she needs to ditch Austin soon so she can gain Y/ns trust back.

HOLY SHIT YALL THE DWT WAS AMAZING ARIANA/LM/VIC WERE SO CLOSE TO ME IM STILL SHAKING

-Sydney