Chapter 44

"I look fine, right?" Y/n nervously asks Shay while looking at her casual outfit of a whiteish gray crewneck that has the name of her album on it, light washed jeans, finished off with her signature hairstyle and a pair of black heels.

"Yes! God! For like the fiftieth time you look fucking bomb." Shay says while putting her hands on Y/ns shoulders and shaking her friend lightly. In Y/ns eyes, Shay looks like a goddess in her baggy gray shirt with white ripped jeans and blue shoes, topped off with sunglasses and a blue sweatshirt wrapped around her waist.

"Okay, okay, okay." Y/n says and stops Shay from shaking her. "Sorry I'm just really, really nervous." She says while biting on her tongue.

"Don't be! Everyone loves your creative mind and everything that comes out of it. They're gonna love every single second of it." Shay says and Y/n nods her head signaling that she heard her friend.

Y/n fiddles with her hands and recalls something that calms her down almost every time. She opens snapchat on her phone and starts recording a quick video of her and Shay then captions it: doin something big tonight.

"Ready?" Kendall comes into the room and asks her friends.

"No." Y/n answers but opposes her answer by walking towards Kendall and out of the room.

Kendall curiously watches Y/n then looks back at Shay. "She's nervous." She explains to Kendall while passing her.

"Oh." Kendall sighs out before following behind Y/n and Shay.

"We leaving?" Victoria asks her group of friends while standing up off of the couch.

"Yup." Shay answers while catching up to Y/n and intertwining their hands.

Kendall quickly snaps a picture of them on her phone and shows it to Victoria who awe's as they exit the house. Y/n climbs into the car first and gets into the back with Shay, without disconnecting their hands. Victoria and Kendall get into the middle row.

Their driver, Jason, starts the car as soon as the door shuts and Y/n squeezes Shays hand as soon as she feels her stomach turn.

"You're gonna be fine." Shay leans over and whispers into Y/ns ear.

Y/n nods and closes her eyes to try and get herself into a peaceful state.

*-*-*

Forty five minutes later, the girls arrived at the beach resort where the listening party is taking place. Y/n screams inside her mouth as soon as the car gets put into park.

Kendall laughs at her friend as she gets out of the car. "Tonight's all about you Y/n, nothing to be scared about." She tells her friend while stepping onto the pavement.

"Kendall!" Victoria scolds her after noticing Y/ns even more terrified expression.

"Whoops." Kendall says while shrugging her shoulders.

Shay opens the seat so her and Y/n can get out of the car without climbing over the seats. "I'm gonna be fine." Y/n tells herself while following Shay out of the car.

Y/ns grateful that this is a private event because there's no paparazzi flashing lights in her face as soon as she exits the car. She links her arm with Shays again as they walk into the resort.