Chapter 68

Y/n stares at Normani in shock. Normani stood in her doorway with wet hair and raindrops present on her grey t-shirt. She couldn't do anything but stare it's like she was in a trance.

Normani noticed this and she was scared, to say the least. She didn't know what to say or what to do so she just stood there.

The sound of Ophelia coming down the hall to check on Y/n broke Y/n out of her staring contest. Y/n could feel the tears coming but she repeated to herself in her head to not cry. Y/n looks Normani in the eyes then runs into a hug with her.

The two girls stumble into the rain and Ophelia, not wanting to get wet, stays inside and watches them. Y/n buries her head in Normanis neck while squeezing her as tight as she can, without hurting her.

Normani starts crying so she lays her head on Y/ns shoulders while hugging her in the exact same way. The two stood in silence in the rain for about five minutes just hugging, they didn't care about being wet until Normani started to shiver in Y/ns arms.

Y/n pulls away but grabs Normanis hand and guides them inside. Ophelia waits for them as they reach the front door and go inside. The couple walks past the living room, and Normani observes the scene that Y/n left behind.

A minute later, the girls walk into Y/ns room and Y/n opens up her closet for Normani and her. Y/n lets go of Normanis hand and Normani rushes into the closet to get her favorite one of Y/ns sweatshirts. Y/n watches her in complete awe.

Normani comes out with the solid dark red colored sweatshirt that has a little figure on the left side. She walks past Y/n and quickly slips off all of her clothes but her underwear and throws the hoodie on. It covers her past her butt so she decides to not wear any pants with it.

Y/n changes into a grey sweatshirt and throws on a pair of neon orange booty shorts, something she would never wear in public. She walks over to Normani and takes her wet clothes. Of course she noticed Normanis lack of pants and she couldn't help but admire the sight for a quick moment before leaving the room.

Normani looks at Y/n and notices the red rising on her face which causes her to smile. She watches Y/n disappear into the hall to go put the wet clothes in the dryer. Normani exits the bedroom and walks back downstairs and into the living room where she sits down on the couch and watches the commercials play.

Y/n comes trotting down the stairs a few moments later. She walks into the room and sits a cushion away from Normani since she didn't know how to act.

Normani turns and gives Y/n a look. Y/n feels Normani staring at her and she smiles before pouncing on top of her causing Normani to fall flat on the couch.

The two stare at each other for a quick second and Normani reaches both of her hands up to cup Y/ns face. "Hi." Y/n says and Normani keeps playing that noise in her head.

"Hi." Normani replies with a huge smile on her face since she cant contain it. The silence takes over the two of them again, until Normani can't take it anymore. "I missed you so much." She says honestly.

"I missed you so much more." Y/n says and pushes her face into one of Normanis hands that are still on her face.

Normani shakes her head. "Not true." She says but Y/n quickly rejects that comment.

"Very true." Y/n says with a smile still present on her face.

"Baby." Normani says with a small pout on her face which is replaced with a concerned one when Y/n places her hands over her heart. "Are you okay?" The mood in Normanis voice quickly changes from soft to concerned.

"My heart just melted." Y/n says with a cute smile on her lips and she takes her hands off of her heart.

Normani smiles and uses her thumbs to caress Y/ns cheeks. "I shouldn't have left you." She says and Y/n agrees with her by nodding her head.

"You should've woken me up, babes. I would've whipped some sense into them sooner, but I completely understand why you reacted in that way." Y/n says while pulling Normani so she can sit up again, but she was still straddling her.

Normani takes one of her hands off of Y/ns face and places it on Y/ns back. "Thank you for understanding." She says then looks away at the ground since she feels shy for some reason.

Y/n uses her hand and brings Normanis face back to look at hers. "I will always protect you." She tells Normani which causes Normani to smile.

"I'm falling for you so fast Y/n." Normani says while feeling the butterflies in her stomach explode even more.

"I can't wait to catch you babygirl." Y/n says then leans down to peck Normanis lips. The kiss sends her in a short but powerful bliss.

"I'm gonna need more than that." Normani says with a smirk on her face.

Y/n hums and jokingly rolls her eyes. "We're supposed to be taking it slow, remember?" She asks Normani.

Normani purses her lips together. "But those shorts." She whines while taking a peek at Y/ns ass. "And that ass." Normani says with a smirk.

"Baby, do you realize how much effort it's taking for me not to go down on you right now. You're teasing me so much with this." Y/n says motioning to Normanis outfit then she kisses her.

Normani bites her lip after the kiss. "Ugh fine I guess we can enjoy each other in other ways." She gives in with a playful tone to her voice.

Y/n pushes Normani back down onto the couch and places her head in Normanis chest. "We're good right?" She asks while playing with one of Normanis hands.

"Yes baby." Normani says and lifts her head up to kiss the top of Y/ns head. "It wasn't your fault, at all, and you dealt with it perfectly." She tells Y/n.

"I still feel responsible though." Y/n says through a sigh.

Normani turns Y/ns head to face her. "But you're not." She says while looking directly into Y/ns eyes. "They did it, not you." Normani says.

Y/n nods her head then leans forward to kiss Normani, but Normani pulls her head back and puts her finger over Y/ns lips. Y/n gives her a pout as a response.

"Say that it's not your fault." Normani commands Y/n with a serious look on her face.

Y/n whines and Normani gives her a look. "It's not my fault." She says but she feels weird saying it.

"Good girl." Normani says then presses her lips on Y/ns for a few seconds. "Now baby, lets watch a movie and cuddle cause I'm tired as fuck." She says and Y/n nods her head with a smile.

Y/n rolls off of Normani to go turn on the television. She grabs the remote and goes to the Netflix app. As soon as she sits back down on Normani she gives her a quick kiss before cuddling into her again.

btw i'm gay

-sydney