Chapter 47

"I don't got this." Normani tells herself as the car pulls into Y/ns driveway. No one was in the car with her, beside the driver who she didn't know, that would tell her that she's going to be fine so she's stuck in her negative thoughts.

The driver unlocks the car and allows Normani to get out of the car. Before Normani shut the door the driver speaks up. "You're gonna do fine." He tells Normani before putting the car in reverse and pulling out of the driveway not caring that the door isn't closed all the way.

Normani smiles to herself, thinking about the mans kind words, while walking up to the front door. She looks at herself in the windows beside Y/ns door to check herself out for the last time after she rings the doorbell. Normani hears the familiar dog barks and all of the commotion that follows it.

"Can you guys shut the hell up?" Y/n asks her dogs which Normani can hear from behind the door and it causes a small smile to form onto her face.

Normani fixes her purse on her shoulder as she hears the lock on the door click signaling that it's unlocked.

Not even a second later the door swings open revealing Y/n and two of her dogs. "Hey." Y/n greets Normani with a smile while motioning for her to come inside.

Normani walks inside the house while looking at Y/ns appearance. Y/n wore grey sweatpants along with a plain light pink hoodie with her hair naturally let down and Normani's personal favorite part of the outfit, her neon fuzzy socks. Normani wonders how Y/n manages to look so good in everything. "Hi." She breathes out in response after realizing that she hadn't replied to Y/ns greeting. 

Y/n closes the door behind Normani while feeling little butterflies in her stomach signaling that she's nervous. She must be nervous about what Normani is going to say because everything else about this meeting is pretty casual. It may also be the fact that this is their first time hanging out alone since they were fake dating. Y/n takes note of how Normani got herself a little dressed up for this and she feels guilty. "Sorry for looking like this I was way too tired to change into anything remotely nice." Y/n says while walking down the hall more so she can be walking beside Normani.

"It's fine, you look nice-I mean-wait yeah." Normani stutters completely embarrassing herself because of her nerves. She mentally curses to herself while following Y/n toward the living room.

Y/n laughs a little at Normani instantly recognizing her nerves. "You shouldn't be nervous." She tells Normani which she should also be telling to herself. "It's just me." She continues while opening the door into the living room.

"That's why I'm nervous." Normani blurts out then feels her eyes bug out. "Sorry." She quickly apologizes.

Y/n turns around and faces Normani which causes Normani's breath to hitch in her throat. "Damn if that's your apology that's probably the worst one that I've heard like ever." Y/n jokes with Normani and she doesn't notice how she's playing with Normani's nerves.

Normani panics and shakes her head. "That's not it, I promise." She says while following behind Y/n as she enters the living room.

"Fuck." Y/n curses as she looks at Shay who's sleeping on the couch and the mess that the two of them made last night. "Forgot about this." She says referring to the mess while turning around.

Normani looks at the mess and smiles since it brings back a memory that she shared with Y/n of the one night that they spent watching movies together and eating an endless supply of junk food.