Chapter 52

Y/n pops another chunk of chocolate into her mouth while scrolling through Instagram and swaying her hips to the beat of the song that's playing through the speakers. Kendall hums the lyrics to Alicia Keys "Fallin".

"What playlist is this?" Y/n asks Kendall after realizing that she's liked the past few songs that have been playing.

"I made it." Kendall replies. "It's called 'songs that Y/n will like'." She says and peeks up from her phone to look at Y/ns reaction.

Kendall watches as Y/ns face turns soft. "She Kenny!" She coos while smiling.

"I'm fucking with you it's called 'jams'." Kendall laughs at her prank on Y/n and at the lame name of her playlist.

Y/ns smile falls and she frowns. "Asshole." She mutters and listens to the speakers as the song changes. She hears the soft strums of a guitar with a piano playing in the background.

"This song is so beautiful." Kendall says while waiting for the male's voice to play through the speakers. "Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there, The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air." Kendall half sings the first two lines of the song then stops since she doesn't know the rest of the lyrics too well.

As the rest of the song plays, Y/n finds herself extremely attracted to the song. The chorus is already looping in her head, she needs to know who the mastermind behind this song is. "Who sings this?" Y/n asks Kendall while leaning over the table to look at her friends phone.

Kendall looks down at the artists name. "Niall Horan." She reads aloud to Y/n.

Y/n hums in response and types his name into the search bar on the music app. She finds the song titled "This Town" and downloads it onto her phone. Y/n notices that it's the only song available under his name, so he must be new to music. Then she decides to dig deeper into this mystery artists life so she searches for him on twitter.

After a few minutes of looking, she finally finds his account since it wasn't under his normal name. She notices that he only has a few hundred thousand followers which confirms her theory that Niall is a new artist. Y/n clicks on the follow button and decides to help Niall get the attention that he deserves for his masterpiece. Y/n videos her and Kendall listening to "This Town" for a few seconds then composed a new tweet with the video.

@/y/t/n: @/NiallOfficial love love love this song

Before Y/n posts the video and tweet she adds the link to Niall's song hinting that she wants her fans to purchase or stream it. As soon as she posts it all of the notifications come through, some of them asking what dw means because of her post yesterday.

After a few minutes of liking her fans tweets, Y/n goes to Niall's account and sees if Niall tweeted her back, which he did.

@/NiallOfficial: thank you for the support , big fan of yours ! if  you're up for it I would love to have a jam session with you

Y/n leans over the table and shows Kendall the tweet with a giant smile on her face. Kendall quickly reads the tweet before Y/n retracts her phone. "He's so cute!" Y/n says while typing her reply back to him.

"You're gay." Kendall reminds Y/n with her eyebrows raised.

"He's cute but not like oh my god I need to date your cute ass cute, you know?" Y/n asks Kendall with a small, toothless smile on her lips.

"No." Kendall replies in a flat voice, she didn't understand a word that Y/n said. "You should invite him over here, not tonight though." She says.