Chapter 58

"Great." Y/n tells Lauren while making herself comfortable since she knows she won't be moving for a long time. Of course she has regrets about leaving Kendall and Madison behind but they'll figure it out. She doesn't know why she let Lauren kind of kidnap her, maybe she still has a soft spot for her.

Lauren moves into the middle seat of the car so she can be closer to Y/n. "I'm going to tell you this as fast but as simply as I can." She says while looking into Y/ns eyes. "A few weeks ago, my dad called me and everything was normal until he mentioned something about 'taking care' of you. I thought he meant something playful but-"

"So what you're telling me is that you had an idea that he was going to try and kill me and you did nothing about it?!" Y/n asks Lauren after piecing together what she's trying to say.

"No, well yes, but no!" Lauren tries to defend herself but she can already tell that Y/n made up her mind.

"Do you really hate me that much? What the hell did I ever do to you beside shower you with love, affection, and everything you could every ask for?!" Y/n asks Lauren furiously, she doesn't normally get this mad. "This is insane Lauren." She tells Lauren while shaking her head.

"You didn't let me finish." Lauren states carefully while trying to regain the eye contact with Y/n.

"You don't need to finish. I already know where it's going." Y/n says and turns her head to face the window again.

Lauren sighs and her leg starts to bounce as she bites down on her lip. She notices a wet liquid falling down her cheek and she quickly wipes it away so Y/n won't see it. "I was going to stop it, I just didn't know how to. That's why I showed up at your house." She admits softly.

Y/n sighs and places her head in her hand. She has no further desire to listen to Lauren. After this Y/n is going to ghost Lauren and maybe after that she'll get the hint.

"I lied when I said Ally sent me there, I sent myself there. My whole body was aching with this itch that you may be in danger and I felt responsible." Lauren admits while looking at Y/ns side profile and suddenly everything comes pouring out. "I took you for granted Y/n. You're an amazing person who did not deserve what I did to you. I'm not only talking about using you, I'm talking about how I treated you afterwards and how I'm treating you now. You deserve better than me, than us." She says and she was about to continue until Y/n cut her off.

"Trust me, I know." Y/n scoffs but keeps her stare focused at the exterior scene through the window. Lauren feels those words like a punch in the stomach. "I don't have enough energy to listen to an apology that you're going to break in a few days. I don't even know why I let you come with me." She says finally taking her stare off of the window and looking at Lauren. "Actually I do, I wanted to know what you wanted to tell me but turns out that was a mistake." Y/n says and focuses her eyes back on the window.

Lauren sighs and moves closer to Y/n. "I need you to listen to me." She tells Y/n, who doesn't respond. "If I knew what he was going to do to you I would've stopped it in a heartbeat-"

Y/n scoffs and Lauren gives her a look that Y/n can see through her reflection on the window. "You knew this was going to happen, and you didn't do anything." She clarifies to Lauren.

"I didn't know that he was going to attack you Y/n! I've said that like three times." Lauren says stressfully. "I thought he was just going to confront you, my dad never follows through with things like this!" She says and attempts to grab onto Y/ns hands but Y/n pulls her hands away.

"You don't get to touch me." Y/n tells Lauren while putting her hand down in her lap. "You're going in circles with this half ass apology-"

"Half ass?" Lauren angrily asks Y/n who nods her head before starting to speak, until Lauren cuts her off again with less anger laced in her voice. "I'm sitting here spilling my emotions and thoughts to you which is extremely hard for me to do. You're the one who's pushing me away and dismissing all of my emotions!" She says while moving her head in front of Y/ns face so they're looking at each other.