Chapter 36

"Y/n Y/l/n comes out with an EP filled with songs that blow everyone away!" The interviewer, named Mark, reads aloud to Y/n and Y/n smiles at the title of the article.

It's been two days since Journals was released and people are loving it which makes Y/n super happy. Camila even tweeted out her support to the album, and for the first time in forever Y/n replied nicely.

@/CamilaCabello97: @/Y/T/N !!!! i'm so proud of you & this ep! dive is my favorite (beautiful liar is a close second) love you 🌹❤️

@/Y/T/N: @/camilacabello97 thank you so much, my sweet. love you

"So Journals," The interviewer begins and Y/n nods and smiles. "everyone seems to be loving it. My personal favorite is 'Dark Horse' with the one and only Juicy J." Mark says while nodding his head.

"Thank you." Y/n says softly into the microphone, which someone will most likely make fun of her for doing later.

"Another one that people are living for is 'Beautiful Liar' with the one and only Beyoncé! How did you land that feature?" Mark asks Y/n curiously.

Y/n laughs and feels her face start to heat up as people in the studio cheer for that. "Um it was a few years ago and I was in the studio then in walks Beyoncé with a few other people. I had no idea that she was coming because Scooter hadn't told me who I was collaborating with. I almost peed myself once she hugged me and told me that her and Blue listen to 'Tattooed Heart' before Blue goes to bed." She smiles as she's talking and Mark smiles wider back at her.

"Life goals right there." Mark says jealously but as a joke. "A few people think that song is written about Fifth Harmony, but you said it was written a few years ago so it's not written about them, correct?" He asks.

Y/n shakes her head. "No, not at all." She says confidently while swaying back and forth in her chair.

"As we're mentioning Fifth Harmony, Camila tweeted about-" Mark pronounces Camila's name wrong which causes Y/n to speak up.

"It's Cameela not Camilla." Y/n sounds out for the man in front of her. "And yes we are friends now she apologized I accepted the apology, not a big deal." She says without processing anything.

Mark coughs awkwardly and shuffles through his cards before regaining his confidence. "That's amazing! Good for the both of you. Many people have commented on how you got over what happened between you and them so quickly, anything to tell those people?" Mark asks with an innocent look on his face.

Y/n makes a thinking face while thinking of the right words to use. "I always used to tell myself that flowers grow back even after they've been stepped on and so will I." She says with a simple shrug. "I think living by that quote made me realize that I don't need to dwell over things that are over, you know?" Y/n asks and Mark nods his head showing that he understands.

"I'm gonna tattoo that on my arm." Mark jokes with a smile. "Do you think if I live by that quote I would end up collaborating with Beyoncé one day?" He asks Y/n.

Y/n laughs and nods her head. "Probably." She says with a smile on her lips.

"Alright well that's all the time we have with Y/n today, do you have other interviews today?" Mark asks Y/n quickly.