{15} Pinkie Promise

Mark's POV
~
I can't believe what I'm looking at. I thought having a broken plate stuck in your legs was enough. Jack had told me how bad (Y/n)'s arms were; but this was brutal. Not only are her legs covered in fresh cuts; but there are old burn marks as well. I look over at Jack; he's as shocked as I am. I look to (Y/n). Her face is buried in her hands. I can't stand the silence any longer.

I try to smile. "We could never hate you," I say; rubbing her shoulder lightly. She winces. I give her a questioning look.

"I knew this would hurt you both; but I still did it anyway," (Y/n) stares at the floor. "I honestly think I deserve everything that has happened to me. Look what I'm doing to you right now. I-"

Jack holds up his hand, signaling for her to stop talking. "(Y/n), we both don't like that ye hurt yourself; but that doesn't even come close to meaning ye deserved all of that shite that your parents did. I'm trying to say, that we'll be here no matter what."

"I would take your pain if I could; just so you could be happy," I add. "I know that's no how it works, but Jack and I really care about you." She half-smiles, and reaches out to hug us. Before we are able to lock arms, her face is suddenly engulfed in an expression of pain. "Right now, I think you just need to be taken care of," I say.

Jack stands up. "I'll be right back."He walks towards the bathroom. He comes back holding a first aid kit. We clean up (Y/n)'s legs and put ice on her knee. I move her back onto the sofa.

"Thanks guys... I'm really sorry you had to see that," her eyes tear up. "I didn't want to hurt you; I just can't stand it sometimes. I'm really sorry..."

"It's okay," I respond.

I tried to be compassionate, but Jack simply says, "Pinkie promise, you'll tell one of us if something is wrong, before you take desperate measures." He sticks out his little finger. (Y/n) doesn't say anything, she just wraps her pinkie around his.

I could tell by the look on her face, that this promise would be hard to keep.

~
Thank all of you so much for reading this story. It hasn't even been up for two weeks yet, and has more than 250 total views already! This means so much to me. I can't express enough how grateful I am. I hope you all have enjoyed so far.