{45} Racing Against Time

Mark's POV
~
My hands throb from hitting the man's hard skull. From what Jack had told me of (Y/n)'s past, I can only presume this is Aiden.

I look up to see see (Y/n) slumped over in a chair, blood gushing out of her side. I open my mouth to scream, but nothing comes out. Instead, I hear Jack yell out her name; utter terror shaking his voice.

I charge down the stairs, leaping over Aiden's limp body.
If that disgusting demon, disguised as a man dies because of me; so be it.

As I reach (Y/n), tears well in my eyes. I fumble with the ties holding her to the piece of furniture. Jack quickly gets up and joins me, but he is even more enraged than before. He rips the cloth, practically to shreds; enabling me to pick (Y/n) up, and carry her.

"MOVE OUT OF THE FOOK'N WAY!" Jack shouts at the police filing down the stairs. Upon laying their eyes on (Y/n)'s mangled limp body, they are quick to follow Jack's direction. A few of them trail behind us, trying to convince us to let them call an ambulance. But neither Jack nor I listen. Nothing could persuade me from getting (Y/n) help immediately.

"Just make sure that man is locked up for good!" I shout over my shoulder as I reach the top of the steps.

Jack runs around me, shooting out of the doorway. I make it to the street, my arms growing weak from carrying (Y/n). Jack already has the car started, so I quickly jump into the backseat, no time to waste. Before my door can even shut, Jack has the vehicle racing down the road.

"Please (Y/n), please stay with us," I whisper, pressing my hand to her side, in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Jack surges the car forward. "Just hold on to her Mark. I don't care how many laws I'm about to break, we are getting her to a hospital before it's too late!"

~
If you didn't know, the first chapter of the smut book is out; so go check it out on my profile! Also, I feel like I need to address the recent election in the US; but this is not a place for politics- this is a place for fanfic, ships, plot twists, and cute fluff. Please stay safe everyone. Bye for now! <3