{19} Threatened

(Y/n)'s POV
~
It had been three days since I had fallen against the coffee table. I can actually walk a little now, and soon I won't need crutches anymore.

But in this moment, I am standing in front of my bathroom mirror; blade in hand. I press it against my skin, but stop suddenly.

This is going to hurt them, way more than it's going to hurt you. But, I don't know what else to do right now...

For the past few days, I had been getting phone call after phone call; from the same unknown number. This morning I had finally decided to pick up. Big mistake.

•••
(Flashback to this morning.)

"Hello?" I had said.

A slightly raspy voice, that I knew all too well, answered. "I know where you are, (Y/n). I'm coming for you soon. If you cooperate, this will much more enjoyable for the both of us. Tell anyone that I spoke to you; and you will never see them again. Especially those green and red haired boys. You will be sorry you left me." The line went dead. My phone fell out of my hands, and crashed onto the floor.

My heart jumped into my throat. He doesn't know where I am... he's just trying to scare me. But if that's true, how did he know about Jack and Mark?
•••

The sharp metal finally pierced my skin. I hardly even noticed. After a dozen more slices, blood ran down my wrists and into the drain.

Tears streaming down my face, I stood there; watching the white sink become stained red.

Mark's POV
~
I skip happily downstairs to make breakfast. I hear the faucet running when I pass (Y/n)'s room.

"(Y/n)?" I call, knocking on her door. It's party open, so I walk in and sit on her bed.

"I'm in the bathroom!" she answers, her voice muffled by the closed door. The water immediately stops running and she comes out of the tiled room. "Do you need something?" she asks me, looking slightly alarmed.

"Are you okay?" I notice her sleeves are pulled tightly against her skin. Like they were the first day she came here.

"Yeah, I'm good," she sees me staring at her arms. "Oh that, I was just... making sure my old cuts were healing alright."

I nod, not sure if I should believe her. "I see you can walk without your crutches now."

"Yeah, my legs feel much better. What's for breakfast?" she smiles weakly.

I think for a second. "How does french toast sound?"

Jack pokes his head in the doorway "Delicious!" he answers for (Y/n).

I can already tell today is going to be a good day.

~
500 views! In the last chapter, I was thanking you for 400! That's insane! Updates will get slower though, just warning you all.