Chapter One

Kellin's Pov

I sighed and watched my foster parents clean up around the house, even though it was already as clean as it was going to get. They only stressed about how the house looked when my social worker was coming to check on me or if it had to do with the foster stuff in any way whatsoever. This time they were stressing because my foster brother was coming home.

"Kellin is your room cleaned up?" Jane- my foster mom- asked me.

"Yeah, it's clean. And yes I made sure Alan's bed was made and that his side looked nice too."

She let out a content sigh, "Thank you dear."

"It's no problem, do you need me to do anything else?" I asked moving to stand up when the doorbell rang.

"No just get the door for us."

I nodded and went to the door and opened it unable to hold back my smile when I saw one of my best friends staring at me with a scowl as he stood next to our social worker, Mary.

"Hi Kellin." Mary said with a smile, "How are you?"

"Doing just fine," I told her and backed up. "Please, come in."

"That's good. Where are Jane and John?"

"They're right this way," I told her before leading the two to where my foster parents were sitting in the living room.

"It's nice to see you two again. I wish it was under better circumstances."

"It's good to see you too Mary," John said with a fake smile before he looked at Alan. "Alan, how're you?"

"I'm fine." He said with annoyance.

"That's good, do you think you're ready to be back home?"

"Yeah I do."

"And you've learned your lesson from last time?" Jane asked him in a sickly sweet voice.

"Yes."

"Well I'm glad, now how about you and Kellin let us adults talk, Kellin show him to your room."

"Finally!"

"Alan," Mary said in a warning tone. "Don't be rude."

"I'm not being rude."

"Alan, just be quiet and come on," I said quietly before going to our room, pulling him behind me.

"I wasn't even being rude to her or anyone." He told me.

"I know you weren't," I laughed and fell on my bed. "So, tell me all about it!"

"It's just like every other time I've been there Kellin."

"Come on, something must have been different! I haven't left this place in years, I need something!"

"Well there isn't anything to tell."

"Alan you were gone for over a month, something exciting or interesting had to have happened. It always does!"

"Nothing did though. Nothing there happened. All that matters is I've changed, I'm not gonna whore around or do bad things anymore. That's all that matters."

"Promise?" I asked biting on my bottom lip a little, I really didn't want Jane and John to send him back to the stupid group home again, especially since they were starting to really get tired of him always getting into trouble.

"Yeah... I promise." He said and gave me a small smile.

"Good, you don't even want to know how terrible it's been around here without you!"