Chapter Seven

Kellin's POV

Alan has been mad at me ever since I went to that party and left with Vic two nights ago, he won't even talk to me.  Every time he saw me he just glared at me. He didn't even let me drive him to school or home either. He refused to stay in the same room as me unless it was at night when we were going to bed, I don't get why he's so mad at me. He's always the one who's told me I shouldn't be so uptight and yet when I finally do something fun, he gets mad at me. I just didn't understand him sometimes.  Even though it's only been two days, I was really starting to miss talking to him. I really wanted to talk to him about Vic especially. The two of us have been texting back and forth ever since he walked me home.

I sat up from my bed when my bedroom door opened up. It was Alan.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, smiling at him.

He looked over at me for a second but looked away soon after walking over to his bed.

"You can't be mad at me forever you know," I told him scowling. He didn't reply. "Alan! Come on, I didn't even do anything to make you mad this time!"

Again no response came from him.

I scoffed, "Whatever, well Austin's going to come over in like twenty minutes so can you at least not be a douche bag while he's here?"

"Maybe I'll go find a random stranger and have ice cream with him." He finally said.

"Seriously? That's what this is about?" I asked him, "Dude! Are you really that mad that I was hanging out with him?"

"Yes I'm pissed that you fucking hung out with him!"

"Why!?"

"Because he's an asshole who uses people! All he wants to do is get into your fucking pants!"

"I doubt that," I said rolling my eyes.

"Of course don't listen to me."

"He's really nice Al, I mean he helped me out at the party, if he was a bad dude he wouldn't have done that."

"He'll start out nice but it won't stay that way forever."

"I'm a big boy, I think I can take care of myself."

"Of course you can. You know just go to parties, do whatever you want Kellin. I couldn't care less anymore."

"Alan! Come on, don't be like that."

"I'm trying to warn you from making the same mistake I did!" He shouted.

"I need to learn from my own mistakes!" I yelled back, "Do I know there's a chance that you're right and that Vic could be a major jerk? Of course I do! But it's my problem and what if you're wrong and he really likes me or something? If I listen to you I'll never know! You can't try to shield me from every single thing!"

The bedroom door opened up just as Alan was about to respond.

Austin stood in the doorway with wide eyes, "Uh should I-I go?"

"No it's fine. I will." Alan said before storming past him and out of the room.

"What happened between you two?" He asked sitting at my desk chair.

"I went to a party- well I followed him because he lied to me."

"You went to a party!?"

"Yeah and oh my gosh, Aust! It was so cool, at first I was terrified because like this one guy was hitting on me but this other guy, Vic saved me from him and I tried vodka and-"

"You tried alcohol!" He yelled and I covered his mouth.

"Shush! And yes I did and it was actually kinda good. And then Vic took me to dance and it was so amazing."