Chapter Ten

Austin's POV

It was weird. Everything about Alan was weird. He was weird and confusing and I didn't really know what to think of it. I mean I really liked him. I just wanted him to really like me too but I didn't know if he did. He sent too many mixed signals. Did he like me? Did he not like me?

It was confusing but today, I was determined to ask him out on a date.

Hopefully he'd go with me. That's all I could ask for.

I mean, I doubt he will but it's good to stay positive. Positivity is important. And maybe I have a chance with him, what with the way he's been kissing me and stuff, he might actually say yes.

God if he doesn't I'm gonna look like a complete fool.

I shook my head left my school walking through the streets to get home. I just hope my parents will let me go to Alan and Kellin's house.

When I got home I went inside and saw my father sitting with my mother in the dining room. He was doing paperwork while she looked through a magazine.

"Uh, mom, dad?" I asked getting their attention.

"Yes honey?" My mom asked looking up just as my dad did.

"Can I go to Kellin's house? I need help with some homework." I lied but gave them a hopeful smile.

My parents looked at one another before my father spoke, "It's a school night."

"I know but he's really good at physics and I wanna see if he can help me."

"You two don't even go to the same school Austin."

"But that doesn't mean he won't know what I'm doing." I argued.

He gave me a stern look, "You may go but be home by ten on the dot no later."

"Yes sir." I said and left once again to their house.

The closer I got the more nervous I became. The positive aspect I was trying to sustain was deteriorating. I was so nervous and scared. But I had to do this. I wanted to know how he felt about me and he felt the same as I did. And besides I would never know until I ask.

I took a deep breath when I arrived at the house. I slowly walked up to the for and knocked waiting for an answer.

After a few minutes the door opened and I was met by Kellin, "Oh hey Aust."

"Hey," I said smiling.

"I'm about to go out with Vic but I kinda don't think you're here for me," Kellin said and giggled. "So Alan's in our room, just go on up."

I blushed, "Oh uh thanks."

Kellin winked at me, "Please just don't like have sex on my bed or something." He said walking past me.

"Kellin!"

"Blame Vic," He said. "Also, use a condom."

My eyes went wide and I walked past Kellin upstairs to his room. I walked in and Alan was laying on his stomach reading.

"Hey Al."

He jumped and sat up holding his heart. "Hey Austin. You scared me."

"Oh uh so-sorry."

"It's cool. What are you doing here?"

"T-to uh t-to ta-talk to y-you," I said stuttering even more than usual.

"You okay there?"

"F-fine."

"You sure? Come sit down."