Chapter Thirty-Five

Alan's POV

Every single day ever since Kellin left, again, it was hard. I was trying so hard to stay on the right path but I didn't know if I could. I was staying on my meds which was good but I was still lashing out at John. I hated him so much for making Kellin leave.

It was all his fault. He didn't have to send him away but he did. He's been trying to get rid of us from the start. He's always hated us and I didn't understand why. He was such a dick to us.

I sat down at the table for dinner, it was basically mandatory that I was sitting here every single night. I was almost on a lockdown for acting out again.

"So Alan, I'm glad to see you've been doing better this week," Jane said, smiling a little. She was really trying to make things good.

"Yep." I said shortly staring at my glass of water.

"I'm glad, so, are you going to go see Kellin this weekend?" She questioned.

I shrugged, "Don't know."

"Really?" Jane asked, raising her eyebrows. "I'm surprised."

"I have a few exams coming up that I have to study for."

"I see," she said, nodding her head.

"Yeah. I wouldn't have to go see him if the asshat didn't send him away in the first place."

"Now, now, don't speak like that," Jane chided.

"Too fucking late."

"Alan," she sighed.

"What?"

"Please, not tonight. I just want one night without the two of you arguing." She said quietly.

I sighed, "Okay, I'll stop."

"Thank you," Jane said smiling.

"Mhm." I hummed and just waited for dinner to be over.

About halfway through dinner there was a knock on the front door.

"Alan, can you be a dear and go get that?"

I nodded and stood up going to the door and opening it up. "He- Austin?" I said slightly confusing.

"Hi Princess."

I walked out on the pouch with him and shut the door, "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you."

"Why? I was pretty sure you hated me at this point."

"I don't hate you."

"You don't?"

"No, I could never hate you. I just wanted to see you. I've missed you."

"Oh."

"You sound like you don't want to see me."

"I just wasn't- or I haven't been expecting you since we talked last."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I don't really know what to say, I guess."

"Neither do I." He said quietly, "How have you been doing?"

"Uh okay. I'm taking my medicine like I'm supposed to and stuff."

Austin smiled at me, "I'm glad."

"Yeah it's okay."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." I said throwing my arms around him in a hug.

"I love you," he whispered, burying his face in my neck.