Chapter Twenty-Nine

Kellin's POV

I sighed as I looked down at the acceptance letter from Baylor, a school I had applied to when I was planning on going out of state. That was always the plan for me, go to Baylor or Columbia or University of Pennsylvania, get my degree and start my life. I was graduating a year early and I was excited as hell for it. Austin and Vic both knew but I didn't have the heart to tell Alan just yet.

"Well? Did you get in?" Jane asked, clasping her hands together expectantly and I shook my head. She frowned, "Well they don't deserve an amazing student like you. Hopefully Columbia wants you, if they don't they're stupid."

I laughed a little and shrugged it off, "It's fine, is it okay if I call Austin real quick? I know I'm grounded but I promised I'd tell him when I got my letter."

She nodded, "Use the landline."

"Okay," I hummed and went to call Austin and tell him I was turning down yet another school. He was pissed at me for doing this but he understood my reasoning behind it and knew I had to.

After I finished talking to Austin, I went to my room and fell on top of my brother, bored out of my mind only for him to push me off of him.

"Get away fat ass," he muttered, trying to read some book and I pouted.

"No, I'm bored."

"Go do something then," he said distractedly as he flipped a page.

"I can't, what part of grounded for a month did you not catch?" I mumbled and took his book away from him.  "Pay attention to me you dick face!"

"Okay, okay I'm paying attention to you."

I pouted, "I'm bored. And, you said that if I got grounded we'd do something fun because you're grounded too."

He hummed, "Well everything fun is essentially illegal."

"I know it is," I said with a sigh. "Did I tell you that I'm going to see Vic race in a few weeks? I mean I'm probably going to have to sneak out to go but I'm so excited."

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Probably not, but I'm going to anyways. It'll be so much fun."

"Be safe that's all I'm asking."

"Alan, I'm always safe, don't be so overprotective."

"I'm always safe." He mocked.

"Oh shut up, I sprain my ankle one time and it's like I'm never safe again."

"Exactly."

"It was one time! And an accident," I complained and laid down next to my brother.

"You still did it."

"And it's not going to happen again."

"It better not."

I scoffed and smacked his arm, "Shut up."

"Okay I'll go back to reading then."

"No! I'm bored! Talk to me, entertain me, something!"

"Well... yesterday I pushed Austin into a puddle when I snuck out."

"Oh my," I laughed and laid my head on his shoulder. "I bet he wasn't happy."

"He's never happy."

"I know, he's such a grump, just like his boyfriend."

"I know he is but he's perfect." He said and faced towards me.

"I don't know about perfect," I laughed.