Chapter Thirty-Four

Alan's POV

It's been about a week since Kellin's been gone and he was supposed to be coming tomorrow to get the last of his things. I was all over the place at this point. I was a week off my meds and things were... rough.

I had been completely ignoring Austin and I'd gone to a party every day for the past week. I didn't know how I felt about it.

But I felt so free at the same time. It was  relieving to not have to think about taking meds every single day.

I kinda liked being without them, it was a good feeling.

I could do anything and everything without feeling bad or thinking about it.

Which I really liked.

Like tonight I was going to a party at Zack's house. I was planning on getting smashed and higher then possible.

It was going to be perfect. I'd have so much fun too. And I wasn't going to regret a thing. I haven't so far, so why start now? Besides it's not like anyone could stop me.

Not even Austin could at this point.

He wouldn't be able to even if he tried.  I was actually getting ready for his "we're going on a break" speech because I got off my meds. He was gonna tell me and I was just going to give him a big 'fuck you'.

I hated being on my stupid meds, I didn't have as much fun and if he didn't care about my fun, then I didn't care if we wanted to go on a break.  I wanted freedom and being on meds was restricting and sometimes being in a relationship was too.

I skipped along the street away from the school. I was in school but I ditched out cause I was bored. I texted Austin telling him to meet me at the park because we needed to talk. 

He probably thought I was going to be irrational but I don't think I am. I was perfectly fine.

I waited at the park playing around for a few hours before Austin finally showed up. I smiled at him and walked over.

"So are we going on a break?" I asked not bouncing around the subject.

"What? Why?" He asked, surprised.

"Because I'm not on my meds."

Austin glared at me, "And why not?"

"Because I don't want to be and I know you don't want to deal with me."

"Guess so," he said shortly and turned to leave. "Or just over."

"Over?"

"Yeah, I don't want to be with someone who doesn't care about their mental health."

"That's stupid."

Austin shrugged, "So are you." He said and started walking away.

"So over!?"

"Yeah I guess so." He said quietly.

"Oh okay." I said not really knowing how I felt about it.

Austin didn't say anything as he left me standing there. I blinked a few times at the spot he was once standing before I left the park and went home.

I walked in and saw John sitting at the table reading the paper.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked bitterly.

"Don't worry about it," he muttered.

I rolled my eyes, "I'll be upstairs."

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?"