Chapter Thirty-Seven

Kellin's POV

Vic took a shaky, uneven breath and held my hand tight as we walked into the church together when he stopped.

"I-I can't do it," he whispered, letting go of my hand to rub his eyes with the palms of his hands. "I can't go in there."

"Baby you have to. It's gonna be okay I'll be with you the whole way."

He bit his lip and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight once again and started walking inside. I kissed his temple as we weaved through all of the mourners until we got to the front pew and sat down.

"Do you have your speech?" I asked quietly. He and Mike were both supposed to go up and say some words about their mom and Vic was to give the eulogy.

"Yeah I do."

"Good," I said and wrapped my arm around his shoulders and kissed his temple again, something I had been doing quite often lately.

"I love you." He whispered quietly.

"I love you too Vic," I said, smiling at him.

He stayed close to me as we sat. As people came by before the service started to talk to Vic, he kept his head rested on my shoulder, pretty much having me speak for him. Once the funeral started Vic looked at me, face pale.

"I-I have to go up there," he whispered.

"I'll go up with you," I offered.

He shook his head, "I've got it, just... look at me please?"

"You got it."

Vic smiled and stood up once it started and went to the front of the church behind the pulpit.

"You did great up there." I said when it was over.

"You think so?" He asked as we headed outside to his car.

"Yeah you did. You did amazing."

"Thanks."

"I love you."

"I love you too Kells."

"Anything specific you wanna do?"

"I think we're going to spread her ashes but I don't know if Mel is gonna do that today or not." He said quietly.

I nodded, "Okay."

"Can we go do something? Like get food? We can even go see your brother if you want."

"If you want to."

"Well he's your brother," he muttered. "And Alan'll be pissed if he doesn't see you."

"It doesn't matter to me. He'll live."

"We can stop by, if not he'll give me hell for it later."

"How will he give you hell?"

"He comes over and bugs me every once in awhile."

"He does?"

Vic nodded, "I don't know why, I suspect that he's coming around and actually enjoys hanging out with me. Can't say I blame him."

"Well I'm glad you two are getting along."

"I guess it's okay," he shrugged and abruptly pulled me to him.

"What's wrong?"

Vic smiled and gave me a kiss, "Nothing."

"Okay." I said holding him close.

"I love you Sweetheart," he said, pressing his lips against mine lightly, his hands slipping down to my hips.

I smiled and pulled away from him. "I love you too."