Chapter Sixteen

Kellin's Pov

"So, why aren't you hanging out with Alan right now?" I asked Austin as I drove us over to Gabe's house.

"He said he has a meeting with his social worker."

I screwed up my nose, "That's weird, Mary shouldn't be here until like next week."

"I don't know that's all he told me, said something about school too."

nI nodded, "Oh."

"What about you? Why aren't you with Vic like usual?"

"His mom is doing bad today and he stayed home to take care of her," I mumbled, I was actually really worried, Vic had told me that she was basically dying and that there was nothing anyone could do about it and I don't know. It just worried me because I don't know how Vic is going to react if she does die or something.

"Oh."

I nodded, "Yeah and besides, we haven't hung out with our friends in what feels like forever," I stated.

"That's true, it'll be fun."

"Exactly!" I said smiling, "So, you and Alan. How's that going?" I asked him.

"Really great. He's really... amazing."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know about amazing."

"He is. Like you have no idea."

"He's my brother, of course I do."

"He's a good kisser too."

"I didn't need to know that," I muttered.

"I'm just saying."

"That's gross Aust, you don't need to talk about my little brother like that."

"Well I have nobody else to talk to about him."

"True, but I don't need to know that he's a good kisser. That's just weird, you can talk to me about him just not about kissing or when you two fuck," I said and looked around the car until I found the pack of cigarettes that Vic left in here.

"Who's are those?" He asked.

"Cigarettes," I said slowly and pulled one out along with Vic's lighter.

"You're not going to smoke that are you?"

"Nah Austin, I'm just going to put it in my mouth and inhale the smoke then exhale it a few times." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't smoke it."

"Too late," I said and lit it.

He reached over and snatched it from me before throwing it out the window.

"Austin!"

"No, if you're going to smoke do it while I'm not in the car."

"I had the window down!" I yelled.

"I don't care."

"Dude!" I groaned, slamming my hand on the steering wheel just as I pulled up to Gabe's house.

"Don't dude me."

I scoffed and shut off the car and got out, "Come on you dick."

"I'm not a thing. Smoking is gross.."

"I don't care, I like it."

"Well you should." 

I shrugged and the two of us started walking up to the door and he knocked.   We waited a few minutes before Gabe finally answered.